Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Ive redeemed myself, MO buck down! >

Ive redeemed myself, MO buck down!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ive redeemed myself, MO buck down!

Old 10-31-2009, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up Ive redeemed myself, MO buck down!

I dont know who all read the thread about the buck i hit wed(shot was above the spine), but i had been feeling pretty down about it until this morning. I decided to go the same tree i was in wed morning.I got to the tree at 615 and went up about 15' to 20' in my climber and waited for shooting light. Just as the sun was coming up i see a spike walking about 80 yards away on the edge of a feild, and he makes a scrape, pretty cool to watch. Then a little later 5 does come running through where the spike came through, they kept looking behind them but i never saw anything. Then at 815 i look behind me and there he is, munchin on acorns 45 yards away. I grab my bow and wait for him to get closer. He starts walking toward me then turns and walks strait behind me, so i have to move around to the other side of the tree. So i see a tree that he is walking toward and i range the tree so this time im for sure on the distance, its right at 30 yards. So he walks behind the tree and i draw, he steps out and i settle my pin and let the arrow fly. Turns out i drilled him but when i shot i thought i saw the arrow went high(it was a little high), i thought "oh no i just screwed up again". But he went about 40 yards from where i shot him, starting wobbling and fell over. I was pumped to say the least. He's not the biggest buck in the woods and the other buck i hit was bigger but im pretty dang happy with this one. I couldn't get the pics to load off my aunts camera for what ever reason so all i have are the pics on my phone. And im wearing orange because its the youth season this weekend.

\

Old 10-31-2009, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dude, sweet, Nice pics, & bloody arrow
Old 10-31-2009, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck! congrats
Old 10-31-2009, 10:24 AM
Fork Horn

Nice! Congratulations! He may not be as big as the other one, but you couldn't tell that by the smile on your face.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great job. Congratulations! I have to say though that it sucks that you get to bowhunt during your youth season and I don't.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thats one well fed buck, great job.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bawanajim
Thats one well fed buck, great job.
Yeah, he didnt miss many meals. Thanks everyone!
Old 10-31-2009, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great way to redeem yourself! Congrats!

Shane
Old 10-31-2009, 11:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats!!

Dan
Old 10-31-2009, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good job!!!!! Nice Buck!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.