Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What a friend huh.......please read!! >

What a friend huh.......please read!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What a friend huh.......please read!!

Old 11-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Of course I would do the same thing.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:14 AM
Spike

I don't see a problem with it if that's what you want to do on your property.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:45 AM
Typical Buck

It's sort of like saying...Hey, I like you a lot and consider you a good friend. You can date my sister, but don't (insert verb of choice here) her!
Old 11-02-2009, 11:52 AM
Fork Horn

I was in a similar position where I had put in hours of scouting a on a new property I had acquired permission to hunt on. Pulled the cards from my cameras and saw 3 bruisers. I showed them to a close friend, and mentioned in passing I planned on setting a stand in a certain place on the next weekend. Come Friday, I find out that he went and begged for permission to hunt on this tract of land and had been in there all week with his climber.

First day, in the same exact spot I mentioned I was putting a stand, a 160" 11 pointer walks by. He just happens to be "newer" to the bow hunting arena, Thankfully he missed him at 20 yards, he presented again at 35 and he missed again off a slight deflection.

I hope to God I see that deer this coming weekend, as I know I won't miss!
Old 11-02-2009, 11:53 AM
Spike

It's sort of like saying...Hey, I like you a lot and consider you a good friend. You can date my sister, but don't (insert verb of choice here) her!
Now thats the kinda answer I needed!! lol
Old 11-02-2009, 11:58 AM
Typical Buck

Can't make bad shots on bucks like that. Those big boys don't go down easy and if you make a bad shot, they'll live or go forever before they die.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by IOWABUCKHUNTR
II showed them to a close friend, and mentioned in passing I planned on setting a stand in a certain place on the next weekend. Come Friday, I find out that he went and begged for permission to hunt on this tract of land and had been in there all week with his climber.
If that's one of your close friends, I'd sure hate to meet your enemies.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Seems fair to me. I sometimes have a buddy of mine come with me on my lease to take a few does for herd managment. "To me it's no different than saying come shoot some does, but nothing with antlers please." At any rate, it's your property and you can decide to let whoever shoot whatever.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:47 PM
Fork Horn

He's a better friend to you then you are to him. You're probably one of those dudes whose like "come on over and watch the game drink some beers hell we're gonna bbq" then charge them for the food and drinks. You're a marine too? What if your marines buddys were like you in the battle and you get wounded and they're like "well I trained a lot for this and I got a family so its just best for me and my situation if I just leave you here."

I took video of a 185 plus class deer last night on me and my best friends spot. He never got close enough but if he did I would have engine roomed him. I showed the footage to buddy and his dad. They were disappointed I didn't get a chance. I have passed this spot off to my buddy and his dad cuz I moved 2 hours away. Its their spot now but they see it as our spot. I not only told him everything about the encounter but I told him where to setup so he could have the best chance. He's there as I type this and I prayed today that he would smoke that monster. My buddy is like my brother and we treat each other like such. I'm sorry you don't have that relationship with your friend. I hope to God that my buddy shoots that deer cuz I plan to drive 2 hours to see him tonight. That's how we roll though. The bigger deer he shoots the happier I am for him and vice versa.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:01 PM
Typical Buck

The sad part is that everyone is forgetting that this buck has already been shot. Why would you want a deer to die of disease and may not ever having another chance at him before letting your buddy take him??? As its already been said, if I were worried about a certain deer being killed, I wouldn't invite anyone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.