Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What a friend huh.......please read!! >

What a friend huh.......please read!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What a friend huh.......please read!!

Old 10-31-2009, 07:31 AM
Dominant Buck

What's with this phrase "my deer"?

Last time I checked...they belonged to the state in which they resided, until tagged.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:34 AM
Spike

Would you rather your good friend shoot that deer or some guy hunting on one of your neighbors properties that you don't even know? I would be just as happy if my friend killed him as if I did.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well that must of been hard for your friend to pass on a buck like that but he was being a good friend and listening to what you asked of him since he is hunting on your land. Hopefully you get another shot at the buck!
Old 10-31-2009, 08:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

No, I wouldn't tell a friend what he could or couldn't shoot.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:37 PM
Fork Horn

If I invite a friend to hunt the land we manage for a local farmer, they can shoot anything as long as they have a legal tag for what they take.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

there should definitely be some ground rules...what ever they are i.e dont shoot at the house lol, dont kill me or anyone else here,,gun safety, ..we have a rule when we invite people...after thanksgivin and no bucks. all the hog, yotes, bob cats and doe ya can shake a stick at..legal means of course....but me and my bf...all out competition to see who can get er' done lol

HAPPY HALLOWEEN
Old 10-31-2009, 03:43 PM
Typical Buck

2. I figure anyone who's a "good enough friend" for me to invite hunting....deserves carte' balnche permission to shoot anything they want. If they don't have this.....just how good of a friend are they
?

the correct answer in my opinion, I could never ask someone to come over to hunt and tell them have fun but....
Old 10-31-2009, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would do the same..no doubt!

-BH818
Old 10-31-2009, 04:43 PM
Spike

Your land, your rules. I dont think it was wrong of you to ask that he did not shoot that particular buck. You got a good friend there, not sure I could have resisted that bruiser... Would have chalked it up to Buck Fever..lol
Old 10-31-2009, 06:13 PM
Spike

I've always looked at it as a team deal if someone gets a deer when hunting with buddies. A friend of mine has a nice 10 pointer spotted on his land that his son missed and that he spotted but couldn't get a shot. Well when he left for the weekend he told one of his friends to hunt his land that week to try to get the deer before the neighbor does. Some people just have different rules and when you own the land and invite someone they don't have to come along if they don't agree with the rules. On a side note you have one hell of a friend to hunt with that will pass on a beautiful animal like that for you. Good Luck with him!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.