Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Wisconsin Hunters >

Wisconsin Hunters

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wisconsin Hunters

Old 11-02-2009, 11:22 AM
Fork Horn

It's spotty here. There have been a 183 gross and a 148 gross killed in the last couple weeks though so definitely some movement.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:13 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by wis_bow_huntr
There will be no rut this year...mother nature lies lol...i havent seen any real sign of the rut yet other than some scrapes and a couple rubs....i dont get it. Now if the damned wind would just give up...all weve had this year is either heat, rain, wind, or all of them together......im ready to give up completely this year.....

This is funny because I was gonna reply the exact same way!! This weather stinks. Next weekend is suppose to be in the 60's. Hopefully hormones will trump the weather. We'll see.

Up around the middle part of the state is stagnant as usual, but down here in the Hartford area, I've been seeing real good rut sign. No deer yet though.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by earnabuck
What time of day are you seeing the deer, I am not even seeing anything driving around?????!!!
All these deer are in the woods that we have seen along a small orchard thats on the farm (two orchards of about 40 trees each). Some in the morning but most in the last hour and a half before dark when the does get up and start moving is what I think. Didn't sit the middle of the day though the wind made us to cold and had to get out to warm up. The two my dad saw chasing a doe were at about 9 am. The peak is still a week away but they are definitly chasing the early does. My buddy here in central WI said he saw 16 diff bucks this weekend too. I'm guessin they weren't all different but he said there was 16 diff. I've never heard so much grunting either as this weekend. The one was grunting at a doe but three others that were rattled in grunted 2-4 times each while coming in. This morning would have been awesome with the super cold night. This weekend should be interesting to say the least. WCL
Old 11-03-2009, 07:16 AM
Fork Horn

I guy I hunt with saw three bucks this morning, all yearlings but they seemed to be moving with a sense of urgency. I have seen a few rubs and scrapes, one monster scrape with a sapling that got rubbed into oblivion. I am planning on sitting from dark to dark this Friday.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:25 AM
Fork Horn

This morning would have been awesome with the super cold night. This weekend should be interesting to say the least. WCL[/quote]

I sat this morning, only until 7 because I had to go to work and again nothing, not a doe running through a field, not a deer at a distance. I drove around last night and shined just to see if activity was occuring at night. I put the spot on some prime fields and saw two does, alone, and I saw one buck alone, and he was on our farm. I drove around for about a half our and never had a deer run in front of the car or even saw one along the side of the road, I'm hoping it is just a slow start or this will be a disappointing rut for me. In the past I have had opportunites Nov. 4-10th, I missed deer on the 7th two years in a row and shot a nice buck on the 4th. But ususally I am seeing deer everyday. Could the standing corn really be causing this much of a difference, they are corn strips where I live, not big fields you would think bucks would be busting does out of them in the evenings and mornings but I don't hear or see anything. Frustrated