Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Wisconsin Hunters >

Wisconsin Hunters

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wisconsin Hunters

Old 10-31-2009, 05:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default Wisconsin Hunters

What are you seeing for rut activity? I spent the last two days out and noticed a slight increase in rub and scrape activity. Also, I saw what appeared to be bucks scent checking a doe bedding area. Definitely encouraging signs. Now if we could be rid of this wind...
Old 11-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Brian K
What are you seeing for rut activity? I spent the last two days out and noticed a slight increase in rub and scrape activity. Also, I saw what appeared to be bucks scent checking a doe bedding area. Definitely encouraging signs. Now if we could be rid of this wind...
Yeah the wind wasn't half as bad today as yesterday. This morning was a nice one, and so was the buck I missed.errrrrr
Old 11-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

I haven't seen much of anything yet, I hunted until 10:30 this morning and saw a doe with 2 fawns, and nothing behind her, she didn't seem nervous at all. I hunted this evening and saw nothing.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:44 PM
Typical Buck

the buck i shot on halloween had the real full neck, responded to a grunt snort weeze call... his tarsal glands were sure working.... i didnt see any chasing, but its getting close, lots of scrapes and rubs.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Friday evening and saturday were probably the best couple evenings I've had bow hunting but to no avail. Rattled 3 bucks in at once and then two others friday. 3 of which were shooters. The girl friend missed the one due to a rest malfunction (rip cord didn't drop). Thought we had it fixed fri night after playin with it and shooting alot. Sat mornin my dad had two bucks runnin a doe all over but never came close enough. Sat. evening had a shooter come in nosing a doe. Girl friend missed again due to the rest not dropping. Couldn't beleive it, thought we had it all fixed. Rattle another shooter in after that but it skirted us with no shot then got down wind and spooked but not bad. Tonight wasn't very good but did have a a buck chasin does as I heard him runnin em behind us and saw does runnin all over but he never came our way. The rut is deff on around us and is lookin good. My turn this weekend to sit all day by myself so we'll see what it brings. Should be good. WCL
Old 11-02-2009, 03:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

There will be no rut this year...mother nature lies lol...i havent seen any real sign of the rut yet other than some scrapes and a couple rubs....i dont get it. Now if the damned wind would just give up...all weve had this year is either heat, rain, wind, or all of them together......im ready to give up completely this year.....
Old 11-02-2009, 05:30 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by wingchaser_labs
Friday evening and saturday were probably the best couple evenings I've had bow hunting but to no avail. Rattled 3 bucks in at once and then two others friday. 3 of which were shooters. The girl friend missed the one due to a rest malfunction (rip cord didn't drop). Thought we had it fixed fri night after playin with it and shooting alot. Sat mornin my dad had two bucks runnin a doe all over but never came close enough. Sat. evening had a shooter come in nosing a doe. Girl friend missed again due to the rest not dropping. Couldn't beleive it, thought we had it all fixed. Rattle another shooter in after that but it skirted us with no shot then got down wind and spooked but not bad. Tonight wasn't very good but did have a a buck chasin does as I heard him runnin em behind us and saw does runnin all over but he never came our way. The rut is deff on around us and is lookin good. My turn this weekend to sit all day by myself so we'll see what it brings. Should be good. WCL
What time of day are you seeing the deer, I am not even seeing anything driving around?????!!!
Old 11-02-2009, 05:44 AM
Typical Buck

Lot of rut activity in central (stratford) wisconsin. Seen two smaller bucks fightin... lot of new rubs and scrapes. Was placing a new stand on the gun hunting land and had a decent 6 come in about 60 yards after having a chain saw running and four loud guys talking. The rut is on there. I'm seeing lighter activity in Western wisconsin (lacrosse county). But its still on in both places for sure.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:11 AM
Spike

We are seeing a lot of buck activity right now. Last saturday, bleat can called in 3 bucks in 15 minutes. 2 of them we have never seen before. Lots of grunting and harassing the does.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:39 AM
Fork Horn

it's heatin up people

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.