Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
careful what you sit on....lol >

careful what you sit on....lol

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

careful what you sit on....lol

Old 10-30-2009, 04:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default careful what you sit on....lol

I went to sit in a buddy stand that i have up for my wife. i wanted to see if it needed any limbs cleaned out before she decided to use it. anyway, i climbed up in it and saw that the cushions were all torn up and looked to be full of water. so i grabbed the fullest looking one and went to dump it. Much to my SHOCK a big oppossum jumped out of the swollen cushion. Scared the holy @#$% out of me. I almost swollowed my tongue and darn near fell out backwards. The oppossum mad a jump for it. man i hate those things. I could only imagine what would have happened if my wife would have crawled in there and sat on that oppossum!
Old 10-30-2009, 04:37 PM
Spike

Go out and find a fake one and stuff it back in...and video is required!
Old 10-30-2009, 05:12 PM
Typical Buck

lmao!!! Thats a new one!! Can you imagine climbing into your stand in the dark and sittin on a oppossum!!!!??? omg-what a mess that would be!!
Old 10-30-2009, 07:58 PM
Fork Horn

Um yeah. I went up on a stand last night, one of those ladder stands but without the cushion. It had some leaves on it though that were wet from the morning. Anyway I get up there, and it was so late that I didn't even bother cleaning the leaves off, just sat right down. I had a pair of jeans on, covered up by some camo pants that are some type of dry-lok or whatever, not water proof but water resistant. I sat for like 1.5 hrs, starting feeling my backside getting damp but didn't think much of it. Later when getting ready for bed, my wife noticed me in my underwear and asks me, "did you crap your pants out there?" The leaves had stained right through my jeans and my white underwear and it looked exactly like I was some senile old 90 year old geezer who really should be wearing depends.

Nice story about the possum! I often think that those are the types of things that make people fall out of their stand, and then we all scratch our head wondering why so and so fell out of his stand.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is hilarious, LOL!!!!!
Old 10-31-2009, 03:10 AM
Typical Buck

I had an owls nest in a tree umbrella this year. It scared the you know what out of me as I was trying to get into my stand while it was dark. Funny!
Old 10-31-2009, 04:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hell YA!! lol thats funny stuff right there.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:41 AM
Fork Horn

Haha... thats crazy... That will make me check my seat twice!
Old 10-31-2009, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is a new one, really good you didn't sit on it. You would have jumped clear out of the tree lol.

Shane
Old 10-31-2009, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Haha thats funny! good thing you didnt fall out of the tree. Who would of ever guessed that would happen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.