Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
misplaced shot/Plenty of waiting and Trophy Blend= >

misplaced shot/Plenty of waiting and Trophy Blend=

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

misplaced shot/Plenty of waiting and Trophy Blend=

Old 10-30-2009, 09:35 AM
Fork Horn

Default misplaced shot/Plenty of waiting and Trophy Blend=

My best buck!Hit the woods yesterday morning for the first time on this particular piece of property that i have permission to hunt on.The day started off kinda quick at first light with the sighting of 3 coyote.I started squeaking with my mouth and here they came.I had an opening at 37yds to shoot them in but couldn't get any of them to stop there.fast forward a half hour.I see a doe walking in the same place towards me as the coyote did.I stop her right in my shooting lane with me already at full draw i settle my pin on her shoot and she drops and i shoot right over her back.20 minutes later i have a button buck come in from the other side of me and as he is milling around where i put out my Trophy Blend Whitetail Herd and i am trying to decide whether i want to shoot him or not.He perks up his ears and looks a crossed the field opening and into the woods on the other side.I see tines coming along the edge of the woods and thats all i can see.As soon as this deer hits straight down wind of where i had my Trophy Blend Estrus hanging on a branch he steps out of the woods and heads right for it.I knew he was one i wanted to shoot.I come to full draw as he is circling out a bit settle my 40yd pin on him and release my arrow.I see i hit him a bit back the deer hits the ground gets back up and crashes down a ravine and back up the other side he stops and stands there awhile and starts to walk slowly and i lose sight of him.I stay composed and just sit there knowing i have a doe tag to fill also.As the time passes i see the button buck again and he starts to walk by where i had seen my buck last and he starts looking into the weeds and bobbing his head as deer do when they are trying to figure out what something is and i think to myself IS MY DEER RIGHT THERE?I wait 2hrs total in my stand after the shot then get down very quietly i take my binos and sneak into the opening and start glassing the other side.There laid my buck expired my staying on stand payed off and the deer laid down right there and made for a very easy tracking job of my best buck to date a very nice 8 pointer.
Attached Thumbnails misplaced shot/Plenty of waiting and Trophy Blend=-cimg1058.jpg   misplaced shot/Plenty of waiting and Trophy Blend=-cimg1061.jpg   misplaced shot/Plenty of waiting and Trophy Blend=-cimg1063.jpg  
Old 10-30-2009, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats man great buck. Funny how stuff works out sometimes isn't it?

Ryan.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:55 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by my7pointmonster
Congrats man great buck. Funny how stuff works out sometimes isn't it?

Ryan.
Yes it is i was even laid off this week and return to work next week.If it wasn't for that i would have been at work and never seen this deer.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

great buck... congrats!
Old 10-30-2009, 10:19 AM
Typical Buck

nice buck and a great story.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great buck and love the story!!! Congrats!
Old 10-30-2009, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats...that shot based on the pic, looks really far back? was that the exit hole?
Old 10-30-2009, 10:54 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by JNTURK
congrats...that shot based on the pic, looks really far back? was that the exit hole?
No unfortunately that was the entrance!He took a step forward when i shot.

Last edited by BROX; 10-30-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:08 AM
Fork Horn

Cool story! That's funny about that button buck checkin him out. Must have been fun to watch.

Awesome deer! Love how those main beams wrap around. Congrats!
Old 10-30-2009, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice pics of a very nice buck..congrats...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.