Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Lulling peroid for pre-rut >

Lulling peroid for pre-rut

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lulling peroid for pre-rut

Old 10-29-2009, 03:41 PM
Spike

Default Lulling peroid for pre-rut

Has anyone ever heard of it? I have heard that just before the rut deer go into a "lulling" period where they become very inactive. Just wondering what others think. I may just be trying to make excuses but I have been able to spend more time in the woods this year than just about any other in my life but have seen probably the least amount of deer...especially decent bucks. I must say I'm getting a little discouraged.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:47 PM
Typical Buck

i hear ya man-i am experiencing the same thing. I have traditionally always had a slow third week of oct. but this year has been ridiculous. The bumper acorn crop i think has alot to do with the seeming limited deer movement. Usually the few days before halloween i start really seeing alot of rut sign and an increase in bucks chasing and cruising. This year ive yet to see much of anything other than some small bucks harassing some does-thats it.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:53 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by rh160kid
i hear ya man-i am experiencing the same thing. I have traditionally always had a slow third week of oct. but this year has been ridiculous. The bumper acorn crop i think has alot to do with the seeming limited deer movement. Usually the few days before halloween i start really seeing alot of rut sign and an increase in bucks chasing and cruising. This year ive yet to see much of anything other than some small bucks harassing some does-thats it.

x2 i saw a nice buck last weekend but have yet to see him again...on a plus side i found a couple fresh scrapes...I didnt have any till the ones today...Unfortunately i havent found a single rub yet.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

The bucks ARE on the move now, at least in WMU 5-D. There's no doubt! I do believe there is a brief period ( a week or so) of inactivity just before the seeking/chasing begins.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

In NE Wi I dont have a single pic after 2 cams set out since last Wed. So I would have to agree., becuz I had several bucks and does in the two weeks prior. All I can say is its gettn ready for harvest.