Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone use the Blawkhawk Vapor carbons? >

Anyone use the Blawkhawk Vapor carbons?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone use the Blawkhawk Vapor carbons?

Old 05-28-2003, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

Default Anyone use the Blawkhawk Vapor carbons?

Having good success with my Easton carbons, I was wondering about these Blackhawks. After seeing them in Bass Pro Shop catalog they are advertised as being heavier per inch and 1/1000th straighter than other carbons. They look good, just wondered if anyone has used them.
Old 05-28-2003, 05:12 PM

Default RE: Anyone use the Blawkhawk Vapor carbons?

That' s what I have. I bought my bow used, and some Gold Tips came with it. I went to buy some more, and Ye Olde Archery Shoppe doesn' t carry Gold Tips, so I bought some Vapors. Work fine so far - haven' t been hunting with them yet, though....
Old 05-29-2003, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a dozen from Eders this past winter. I' m hoping to get out and start shooting them this week. I' ve heard good and bad about them. Bowhunting Magazine ranked them very high among carbon arrows, but I have also read some people don' t like them. I don' t think accuracy is the problem, it' s durability. Some people have said they crack easily. The only way to find out if you like them is to try them!
Old 05-29-2003, 11:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got a half dozen last year. Weight variation wasn' t too bad. I have no way of measuring straightness or spine.[:' (]

From the very first time I had them fletched up, one of the six would not shoot with the others.

When I hit one arrow with another, they seemed to crack farther into the shaft than Carbon Express did. Also (and I' ve never had this with any other carbon arrow, pultruded or ICS), when I was removing fletching on one, a splinter of carbon pulled up and was removed to the end of the shaft. I don' t trust shooting that one anymore.

I now have 2 of the original 6 left, and one of those is the " wayward son." I don' t shoot them anymore.

I have heard of much more positive results from others, but my experience with them has not been so good.
Old 05-30-2003, 07:09 AM

I just bought a dozen this year. I havn' t got a chance to hunt with them yet, but, they have met my target on more than a few occassions. So far they are awsome. They remind me alot like my Beman ICS Hunters but with alittle more accuracy. I can' t really talk about the durability, but I have heard several say that it isn' t good, but, when I am shooting a total arrow weight of 419.9 grains from a bow that is throwning them out at 302 f.p.s., that will show the durability.
Old 05-30-2003, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cougar I havent used the vapors , but if you are looking for a carbon with more weight , carbon express terminator hunters are an excellent shaft , I' m shooting a 28" 6075 with feathers and 100 grain tips that weigh in at about 480 grains . They are very accurate and very durable , my son shot one in the rock pile with his genisis and it just scratched the camo a littel , but thats another storie . They penitrate like you would not believe
Old 05-30-2003, 08:40 AM
Fork Horn

I bought a half dozen vapors and had very poor results from them. The nock end of the arrows split on 4 of the 6.
Old 05-30-2003, 09:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have tried a few dozen of them before as well. I found them to have relatively good consistancy with spine, weight and straightness. However, their durability left alot to be desired in my opinion. While removing many of them from 3D targets I was forced to twist them to get them out. Consequently they bent without breaking. Some of the inner layers of carbon broke without producing any visible cracks on the outer layer(s). I started shooting very poorly with some of them but did not realize they were bent unti I was looking down the shaft at full draw. I have had the same situation arise with other well known carbons but not to this extent.
Old 05-30-2003, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Same experience as most here...They shoot well, and are pretty consistent

Even with uni-bushings I' ve found the durability VERY suspect in the vapor all carbons.....I ended up with a couple like Frank experienced...Bent just like a 2312.

If you are looking for a heavy, supremely durable quality all carbon, the Gametracker Terminator Selects are very hard to beat and pricing is very good. I much prefer the Black shafts over the camo " hunter" series. I recently picked up some of the new tan-camo ones and they are very noisy to draw across a rest even with " hush tubes" on the prongs (and the logo/lettering is raised too which makes them even louder).

For the same price as the Vapors you can pick up the new Easton Buckeyes..straightness is more than adequate for Bowhunting (especially if you cut from both ends if neccessary), weight tolerance is excellent, and most importantly spine consistency is super tight w/ Easton/Beman shafts.

Old 05-30-2003, 08:24 PM

Update - Durability does lack. The 3 old Gold Tips that I got with the bow are still going strong. I' ve had a few of the original 6 vapors that I bought, split. Either end, actually. Looks like I' ll try some other brands, before I decide..

Quick Reply: Anyone use the Blawkhawk Vapor carbons?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.