HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Tagged out...KS Buck Down Pics!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/308352-tagged-out-ks-buck-down-pics.html)

brown_boy09 10-29-2009 02:41 PM

Tagged out...KS Buck Down Pics!!

2 Attachment(s)
Earlier this week on Monday I was off from college and wanted to get out that morning and take advantage of it by getting in the stand. I got to the stand and had been setting in the dark for a while. The stand I was setting in was about 10 yards off the edge of a cut bean field. At first light I had noticed two bucks move onto the opposite side of the field and begin to push eachother around a bit and fight. I pulled up my binoculars and started to inspect the two bucks and noticed one of them appeared to be a nice buck that I would like to get a shot at.

Ten minutes passed and they started to make their way walking across the field but not in my direction. After noticing this I picked up my horns, gave out a couple grunts, and ended it wish a couple real short/light rattling sets. Both bucks stopped and looked my direction but then continued to walk. I thought to myself I would never get an opportunity at them. Another 20-30 minutes had passed and I was glassing the other side of the field with my binoculars when suddenly I heard a stick crack to my right. I looked over and there stood the bigger of the two bucks that I had just seen earlier fighting. He had walked the edge of the field towards me and I couldn't see him through the trees as he walked the edge of the field. He was standing broadside when I first saw him. I reached for my bow and about this time he started to turn away and walk down a trail into the trees. I was able to draw my bow and release an arrow before he walked out of sight. He was standing at 26 yards slightly quartering away when I shot. My arrow passed through both lungs and he ran about 15 yards before he went down.

He had 11 scorable points. I haven't scored him yet but plan too. I also posted a trail cam pic of him that I had captured earlier of him in velvet. I thought it was pretty cool to harvest a buck that I also captured on camera. If anyone has any ideas of what he would score I would like to hear everyones opinion. Hope everyone enjoys the story and pictures! :)(I apologize for the blood...I did my best to crop it out)

bawanajim 10-29-2009 02:53 PM

Thats a great buck, nice before and after pics.

halfbakedi420 10-29-2009 02:58 PM

you were on our team right?:arms:

early in 10-29-2009 03:01 PM

Very nice buck! I'm thinking in the 145"-150" range? I'd be getting him mounted, let's put it that way.:s2:

MO-KS_hunter 10-29-2009 03:28 PM

Nice! Where in Kansas did you get him?

OklaBowhunter 10-29-2009 03:30 PM

Nice Kansas Deer

Well done and great story.
DB

bigtim6656 10-29-2009 03:35 PM

I feel you i do most of my classes online only go to school two days a week and i get maybe one or two days a week for hunting normaly half days.

IUSEPSE 10-29-2009 03:45 PM

Dandy buck and nice story! Congratulations! I would say he scores in the low 140's. I'm guessing by the trail cam photo that he is only 3 1/2??? Imagine what something like him would have looked like in 2 or 3 more years! You guys have it going on in Kansas! :cool2:

rh160kid 10-29-2009 03:50 PM

very nice buck- congrads.

MeanV2 10-29-2009 03:54 PM

Nice!! Congrats!!

Dan