Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Heartbreaker in the PA. woods >

Heartbreaker in the PA. woods

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Heartbreaker in the PA. woods

Old 10-29-2009, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Damn thats unfortunate. hopefully next time he comes out and you can get a shot off. good luck
Old 10-29-2009, 09:39 PM
Spike

your not gonna bealive this but the same thing happened to me 2 days ago i was pinned by a big buck and as i was trying to position for a shot the other buck looked right up at me
Old 10-30-2009, 06:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dang Shane, that is a bummer. It is amazing how they can hone in on something not being quite right. It's good to know he wasn't too buggered up though. Keep after him. Good luck.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's frustrating for sure, but hey, that's what makes this all fun right? Plus from the sounds of it, you didn't spook him too badly, so you might get another shot opp. Good luck!
Old 10-30-2009, 07:38 AM
Typical Buck

I think that's happened to most of us bowhunters. Those big bucks didn't get big being stupid.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love bowhunting. But, it's those times that I wish I had my 300 Weatherby.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:45 AM
Fork Horn

Been there myself, a couple of years ago. Tried a new area out, hunted on the ground to see how the area was. Had 2 bucks walk right by me 20 yards away. They were walking together, probably about 10 yards apart. The first buck was a 6 point, I never really had a shot at him because the 2nd buck was going to see me every time I tried to draw back. So I think to myself no problem I will just take the 2nd buck which was a nice eight point! 1st buck never saw me. 2nd buck puts head behind a tree, I draw back, and neither buck sees me draw back. I'm thinking o yeah baby! Eight point buck takes 1 step and then stops, with his head visible, but heart/lungs behind said tree. (1st buck walks on) This buck then decides that he wants to make a brand new scrape right there, the whole time with his vitals behind the $@%$ tree. By the time he decided to walk on, my frigging arms were so tired and shaking I couldn't have hit the ground if I aimed at it.

All part of what makes hunting fun! That hunting area now has been cleared for the most part and new houses instead of deer.