Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Coyotes Kill Woman >

Coyotes Kill Woman

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Coyotes Kill Woman

Old 10-29-2009, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

Default Coyotes Kill Woman

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33509516...news-americas/
Old 10-29-2009, 08:19 AM
Fork Horn

That is nuts, I have never heard of yotes blatantly attacking a human, that is very sad
Old 10-29-2009, 08:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

One or two usually wont attack a human, but if they are in a pack they are just as deadly as wolves..this is a strange case....
Old 10-29-2009, 10:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

More than not going to become the norm until people that don't hunt beging to understand this kind of animal was hunted out for good reason.

Starting to save a file on this subject. Put another story in the other day. A local man shot and killed a dog that had attacked his kids. The dog had been at it long enough attacking other perople that the game warden/s were out hunting for it when they got a call about the incident. It was a bull dog of some kind

Was at a llama farm the other day and the owner had 2 dogs in with them bred to protect them. Seemed gentle as all get out, but the owner warned me that whatever goes in that pen doesn't come out alive. Said they'd just kill a large buck that tried to graze in the night.

I've read wolves push yotes out, I wonder out to were?

She should've had a sidearm.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

I hear that nodog.

And to be honest, I don't know why a woman in this day and age would be hiking alone anywhere even in Canada or the US. Truly sad.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:21 AM
Fork Horn

This really freaks me out, because I have a fear of them anyway. Sometimes when I come out of the stand, and it's dark, I am scared that one will attack me. But then, I heard that they really don't do that. And now this ....

I am trying to get over my fear of them. I bought a call, and we have been out coyote hunting, but didn't see one. I have been wanting to shoot one anyway. Maybe that's what I need to do to get over my fear.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rob/PA Bowyer
I hear that nodog.

And to be honest, I don't know why a woman in this day and age would be hiking alone anywhere even in Canada or the US. Truly sad.
I don't even like my wife hiking on the bike path near our home alone (there's very secluded sections).
Old 10-29-2009, 11:28 AM
Spike

a fine reason to be pro-concealed carry .....
Old 10-29-2009, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

It sucks for sure but hey, there's nothing anyone can do really. Just kill em when we see them. But beyond that there's no real way to get rid of them. I've heard and seen some less than legal ways to kill them. One day I walked up to a piece of piano wire and a piece of meat hanging from a tree about 4 ft off the ground. Had a heavy heavy gague treble hook attached to it.... I'm sure you can figure out how that works...

Ryan.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just wonder if the Coyotes were rabid. This is extremely rare.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.