Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What do you guys do? >

What do you guys do?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you guys do?

Old 10-29-2009, 07:27 AM
Spike

This happens to me all the time to.....what I try to do and seems to work for me is to wait till after dark and bleat or grunt several times. Just doing it over and over will usually make them not alarmed and walk off into the woods rather than blowing and running off. Dont know if it is right but would rather make deer sounds than banging around human sounds! lol
Old 10-29-2009, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mfd1027
If I know I'm going to be hunting a food source where I might get "pinned" down I will try to have someone pick me up. Yep, drive rt. to the stand. I do it all the time when I'm working. Both, drop off and P/U hunters. If that's not an option you can lower your backpack to the ground and bounce it up and down. I've even resorted to turning my head and howling. Whatever you do, try not to get busted and like "kickin buck" mentioned above do your best to exit by slipping through the timber. You may not blow a stand if you get busted once or twice but make a steady habit of it and you might as well take that stand down and move it.

Dan
that might work, do you do that and just drive right through the food plot