Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What Would You DO? >

What Would You DO?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What Would You DO?

Old 10-28-2009, 08:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default What Would You DO?

Just want to know what everyone would do in the circumstances. You hear your buddy say " I found him", "I found him". The buck is within 10 yards from us and looking at us. Its raining, the bow is back in the truck 350 yards away, and the snow is about to be upon us. Then you hear, " He's still alive". The buck is not able to get up at the time and has been bleeding some and is dazed. He doesnt want the throat slit because he wants a mount on the deer. What do you do????

This happened to me and some friends tonight and I'm curious to see what everyone would do in this situation.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:53 PM
Spike

Walk away for a little while and let him die with some dignity.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

350 yards aint that far....id go get my bow...or just come back in the morning..i know where he is and where he should be dead...i dont have yotes or anything really to worry about though...

he'd likely be dead by the time you came back from the sounds of it anyways but id still likely go get the bow...i have no problem watching an animal die...but i always do my best to help them get dead ASAP...even if the first shot is fatal, if i can get another one or 2 in there, no question about it, im sending them..rifle or bow..doesnt matter...arrows and broadheads might seem expensive, but to me, its a no-brainer..if i can get another arrow into a deer im sending it...sent 3 into mine this year...first one was perfect..but i wasnt sitting in the tree above him waiting and watching him die...
Old 10-28-2009, 10:22 PM
Spike

sneak up behind him and stab him in the ribs with ur buck knife, done it a few times, works pretty well. Put the deer out of its pain, you owe it to the animal
Old 10-28-2009, 10:44 PM
Fork Horn

if you dont feel like leavin him over night...cuz its pretty much a sure thing that he is goin nowhere, but just b as quite as you can and try and sneak to him and put another arrow in his chest
Old 10-29-2009, 02:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Go back and get the bow.......no doubt. By the time you get back he might be dead anyway...
Old 10-29-2009, 02:58 AM
NTO
Spike

Originally Posted by DeBauche11
sneak up behind him and stab him in the ribs with ur buck knife, done it a few times, works pretty well. Put the deer out of its pain, you owe it to the animal
Not my first choice but what ever tickles your fancy....Walk back and get the bow. Drill em' with another stick. Have done it 3x now.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:51 AM
Fork Horn

Find a big stick and bonk him on the head. Seriously- make the walk and get the bow to put another arrow in him.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:18 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by DeBauche11
Done this several times! Dad always said if you ain't man enough to finish him off and they lay there suffering you shouldn't be out there!
Old 10-29-2009, 04:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hypothetically speaking, I would go get my bow to finish him off.

This will never happen to me though. I ALWAYS carry my bow with me on a blood trail because there's always a chance I"ll need it. I haven't needed it yet, but I'm sure that if I ever do, I'll need it quickly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.