HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   I can't take it any more!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/308254-i-cant-take-any-more.html)

LittleChief 10-28-2009 06:36 PM

I can't take it any more!!!

Okay. I make every effort to avoid pinging on anyone's grammar or spelling (except for PreacherTony, but that's been a while), but for the love of God fellows, it's S-C-R-A-P-E-S, not S-C-R-A-P-S!!! SCRAPES are what deer make on the ground. SCRAPS are what you throw away after dinner or give to the dog! If you fall down, you don't SCRAP your elbow or knee - you SCRAPE it! The word has a freakin' "E" on the end of it. :kt:

As Charlie Brown would say....., AUUUUGGGGGHHHH! :happy0157:

solocamcan 10-28-2009 06:40 PM

LMAO.....Feel better?

LittleChief 10-28-2009 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by solocamcan (Post 3487703)
LMAO.....Feel better?

Ummmm, yep.:happy0157: Just having a little fun, brother.

I miss the old days when PreacherTony and I kept the "spell check" watch on each others posts.:wink:

solocamcan 10-28-2009 06:47 PM

Ya I noticed that alot of the "regulars" are no longer here.

LittleChief 10-28-2009 07:05 PM

Yeah, I know. Looks like an entirely new group of "regulars" who write in a new language known as "text messaging". Give it a couple more years and a post to communicate this message:

"I've killed a monster buck in southern Illinois off my brother-in-law's stand overlooking a scrape line. Isn't that funny?"

will read

"BBD in S.IL off BIL stand over SCRAP line. LOL!!!"

:D

solocamcan 10-28-2009 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by LittleChief (Post 3487729)
Yeah, I know. Looks like an entirely new group of "regulars" who write in a new language known as "text messaging". Give it a couple more years and a post to communicate this message:

"I've killed a monster buck in southern Illinois off my brother-in-law's stand overlooking a scrape line. Isn't that funny?"

will read

That is classic!

Bible_Man 10-28-2009 07:29 PM

LOL! I have many times wanted to say something, but have refrained. Needed to be said...learning never stops. If it does, you regress.

bigbulls 10-28-2009 07:37 PM

will read

:lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove:

LittleChief 10-28-2009 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bible_Man (Post 3487764)
LOL! I have many times wanted to say something, but have refrained. Needed to be said...learning never stops. If it does, you regress.

:s2::s2: Learning should never stop but unfortunately it certainly seems to. I work in Memphis, TN. Come visit sometime and you'll find that in some areas it has not simply stopped; It has ground to an abrupt, screeching halt and the people aren't just regressing - they're de-evolving.:s3:

(Sorry about the terminology. It was used only for effect. Given your profession, I assume I know your position on evolution. I'm sure it's the same as mine.)

Big Z 10-28-2009 08:07 PM

"text messaging".

"text messaging." --Corrected it for you. ;)

wis_bow_huntr 10-29-2009 03:17 AM

hehe good one....hey Ive been finding some fresh scraps around the area....lol....i tihink teh tur us comming lol...

LittleChief 10-29-2009 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by Big Z (Post 3487801)
"text messaging." --Corrected it for you. ;)

Thanks Big Z. You're absolutely right, and that's awfully decent of you.:s2::s2::s2:

If that's all that you could find wrong I guess I didn't do too badly. Now if I were from England it would be proper for the period would go outside the quotation mark. I'm not though, so you are correct. Still, I'm originally from Southern Missouri right on the Arkansas border where the term proper grammar refers to your well behaved Grandmother, so I'm lucky to know what a quotation mark is, let alone how to punctuate a quote properly.:s14::s3:

mossberghunter93 10-29-2009 05:05 AM

I am definitely guilty of this. But I actually have been trying to do better, it makes people more likely to take you seriously.

RIStrutStopper 10-29-2009 06:33 AM

Their are many posts in which people need there grammar fixed. I have been quite about it for to long. :poke:

YooperMike 10-29-2009 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by RIStrutStopper (Post 3488163)
Their are many posts in which people need there grammar fixed. I have been quite about it for to long. :poke:

Ouch! Not sure if you were doing that on purpose or not, but either way, that's a classic error around here. Some people on here now have posts that are tuogh to even follow...not to mention any names, but one rhymes with biglimb. Sorry bro, your stuff is brutal most of the time.

diamondrack 10-29-2009 07:08 AM

will read

Thats funny!!

JNTURK 10-29-2009 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by solocamcan (Post 3487714)
Ya I noticed that alot of the "regulars" are no longer here.

I have been on these forums for quit some time and have watched many "regulars" not be so regular...times change over the years...that is for sure!

BurdBuster 10-29-2009 08:07 AM

Shame on your for giving scraps to a dog. Teaching bad habits should be left up to the wife.

WesternMdHardwoods 10-29-2009 08:18 AM

Im steel tryn 2 fgure out wat u r talkn bout? I hve neva cn a prblm wth da way ne1 tlks round here?

Haha I am guilty as the next at shortening up my text messages, but I do try to refrain from typing it in on here. It's not like we dont have the room to type on here?

Cya L8ta, I gtta scrap I need 2 go hnt!!

halfbakedi420 10-29-2009 08:20 AM

idk i spelz bads ons purpuz

:sign0004:

daveyrock 10-29-2009 08:31 AM

FINALLY!!! Someone has said it, I just didn't want to be rude. I understand you get into the heat of the conversation, someone shot a deer in the face and you are furious. Please and I repeat please proof read your posts. You will sound more intelligent and I might just read more of your posts.

LittleChief 10-29-2009 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by BurdBuster (Post 3488293)
Shame on your for giving scraps to a dog. Teaching bad habits should be left up to the wife.

Huh? :confused2: If left unattended in the pasture, my dogs will stuff themselves on horse crap. I figure left-overs from the table is a few steps up from that - even if my wife did cook it.:cool:

halfbakedi420 10-29-2009 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by daveyrock (Post 3488326)
FINALLY!!! Someone has said it, I just didn't want to be rude. I understand you get into the heat of the conversation, someone shot a deer in the face and you are furious. Please and I repeat please proof read your posts. You will sound more intelligent and I might just read more of your posts.

lol proof read lol sound more intelegent lol so YOU will read it lol:popcorn::sign0004::lolabove:

LittleChief 10-29-2009 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420 (Post 3488398)
lol proof read lol sound more intelegent lol so YOU will read it lol:popcorn::sign0004::lolabove:

Posts like that, my friend, only serve to validate his point of view.

my7pointmonster 10-29-2009 12:02 PM

Me dunt c wut yuns al are taklin bout alls looked k tuh I.

(When I post from my blackberry like I am now I don't have a spell checker so bigger words are sometimes a lot harder for me. Like appericiate. Or apericate idk which it is. Maybe a little of both but.

Ryan)

Bible_Man 10-30-2009 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by LittleChief (Post 3487784)
:s2::s2: Learning should never stop but unfortunately it certainly seems to. I work in Memphis, TN. Come visit sometime and you'll find that in some areas it has not simply stopped; It has ground to an abrupt, screeching halt and the people aren't just regressing - they're de-evolving.:s3:

(Sorry about the terminology. It was used only for effect. Given your profession, I assume I know your position on evolution. I'm sure it's the same as mine.)

Understood, and you assume correctly on my position.

The Memphis area (many of my friends refer to Memphis as Memphrica, due to the seemingly 3rd world standards so many have) is definitely struggling. I went to a university about an hour east of there and would frequent the area on weekends. Pretty sad...like many other areas there seem to be a lot of people there that feel entitled to something that they have not earned. That kind of attitude toward life makes me sick. Everyone should have the self-respect to do their best, no matter what it is we are doing or what hand we are dealt.

sr77 10-30-2009 12:56 PM

will read

That was hilarious!!

Shane

early in 10-30-2009 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by JNTURK (Post 3488285)
I have been on these forums for quit some time and have watched many "regulars" not be so regular...times change over the years...that is for sure!

I was just thinking about how I'm not seeing many of the "regulars" on here. I think most of it came as the changes took place around here. I guess they went to the "other" site.:s4:

As far as the "new regime" goes, I just shake my head in utter disbelief. I wonder if the english language is still being taught in schools today? And it's still DEER not DEERS when there's more than one!! Lord, that one really rocks me.:s2: And it's sooo basic.

nromaker 10-31-2009 08:07 AM

I believe we all suffer from R.C.I syndrome at times. Some of it is difficult to comprehend what the author is trying to convey though.

THAT LAST SENTENCE HURT.:s4::s4::s4:

PreacherTony 10-31-2009 08:26 AM

LC ...you are a comma hater .... that's what I call my kids that don't use commas enough ...comma haters :D

LittleChief 10-31-2009 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by PreacherTony (Post 3490468)
LC ...you are a comma hater .... that's what I call my kids that don't use commas enough ...comma haters :D

It's not that I hate commas, PT. I just find them to be distasteful, disgusting little decapitated semi-colons that should be used only when necessary.:kt:

MeanV2 10-31-2009 11:20 AM

Line'em out LC!!:biggrin:

Dan

Sport4 10-31-2009 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by jnturk (Post 3488285)
i have been on these forums for ]quit[/size] some time and have watched many "regulars" not be so regular...times change over the years...that is for sure!

.....quite

Sport4 10-31-2009 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by BurdBuster (Post 3488293)

It is just "you", not "your". Haha, sorry guys, I just had to.

LittleChief 10-31-2009 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Sport4 (Post 3490613)
It is just "you", not "your". Haha, sorry guys, I just had to.

Be careful! My correction was sort of "broad spectrum", if you will. It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. You can get flame-sprayed on here for actually pointing out a specific spelling error made by someone.
(Nevermind how I know that.)

realbrokeroadtrips 10-31-2009 06:32 PM

I have been lurking here for quite some time, but had to register to weigh in on this one..... The plural of female deer is DOES!

"Yeah, I seen 4 doe this mornin"

Yes, seen instead of saw makes me nuts as well.

virginiashadow 10-31-2009 07:01 PM

See Saw see saw

Big Z 10-31-2009 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by LittleChief (Post 3490721)
sort of "broad spectrum",

--"broad spectrum," :s4:

LittleChief 10-31-2009 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Big Z (Post 3490945)
--"broad spectrum," :s4:

:happy0157::happy0157::happy0157::happy0157:

Schultzy 10-31-2009 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by realbrokeroadtrips (Post 3490915)
I have been lurking here for quite some time, but had to register to weigh in on this one..... The plural of female deer is DOES!

"Yeah, I seen 4 doe this mornin"

Yep, that one drives me nuts as well!!