Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Brothers first bow deer, Dads doe, My Fox >

Brothers first bow deer, Dads doe, My Fox

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Brothers first bow deer, Dads doe, My Fox

Old 10-28-2009, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default Brothers first bow deer, Dads doe, My Fox

Well, opening morning was a success for our family up at our 70 acre property in NY. First morning out, my brother saw 8 deer. First 2 small deer walked about 40 yards in front of him. He bleated with his mouth and somehow got one of them to come towards him. It walked behind his ladder stand at 8 yards. He drew back, released and wack. The limb of his old martin bow hit the stand causing him to miss. He was upset and didnt think he would see anything else that morning. Then 30 minutes later, he sees 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 deer walk 40 yards in front of him. 1 of them came to his left at 10 yards. She stepped behind a tree, he drew back, she stepped out and he released. Since it was a weird angle he spined and one lunged her. She dropped on the spot. This is his first bow deer. Its only a small 80 pound doe, but he is very proud of it. Yummy venison!

That morning I saw 2 deer. One button buck and his momma. I was going to take the mom because she was a good size. The bb was in front of me for over 15 minutes eating. She came out and of course thats when he looks at me. They stared at me for 5 minutes. I said screw this and drew back anyway. He took off right away,and she stayed for a little over a second... another second i wouldve had her. I also saw the same deer and a few others saturday evening. I couldve shot that bb 150 times if i wanted to, but Im waiting to get a good size doe or a big buck!

My father couldnt make up his mind where he wanted to sit. Saturday morning he didnt see anything. So he moved his climber close to the cabin, about 500 yards down. He saw 6 bolting across even closer to the cabin then he was. He doesnt know what they were running for. So for sunday morning, he moved his stand to where he saw them running. Around 830 he sees 6 deer coming to him. A 130 pound doe steps out at 15 yards. He shot and one lunged her. She ran about 300 yards down the mountain side into some really thick stuff. He also could have taken a few small ones right after that but decided to wait to a buck. Sorry for the bad pic but we forgot to take pictures of his deer until we just started to skin her.

And just for fun, I shot my very first predator... It was with bow, and here in CT. A beautiful fox at about 15 yards. He didnt even move. It was awesome, he was chasing chipmunks.

Old 10-28-2009, 06:32 PM
Fork Horn

Cool pictures, thanks for sharing!
Old 10-28-2009, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice shot on the fox. Tell your brother and your dad I said congratulations - especially your brother. There's nothing like taking your first deer with a bow.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys! Ill tell them. I was really pumped about the fox, especially because I shot him with a bow. Not too many people can say that
Old 10-28-2009, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigwhitetailbuck
Thanks guys! Ill tell them. I was really pumped about the fox, especially because I shot him with a bow. Not too many people can say that
No kidding. I've never even been able to come to full draw on one 16 ft. up in a tree stand.

Congrats to the whole family!
Old 10-29-2009, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats awesome, congrats you all. Great pics.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great pics, Looks like a fun weekend!!

-BH818
Old 10-29-2009, 05:45 AM
Fork Horn

congrats to all of you. nice story and pics. Thanks
Old 10-29-2009, 06:26 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks everyone
Old 10-29-2009, 07:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

What it's all about. Your dads a wealthy man! Congrats to all in the family!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.