Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
HELP!! please read give thoughts/ advice...buck shot >

HELP!! please read give thoughts/ advice...buck shot

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HELP!! please read give thoughts/ advice...buck shot

Old 10-29-2009, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by johnandmare
I'll be checking in all day to see if you find him. The buck in the picture seen after he was shot in the "void" area, is now the SECOND deer I have seen a picture of with a hole in it after a hunter shot it. So I am going with the myth BUSTED idea. I've seen it twice and that's enough for me. I hope like heck you find this guy. Maybe since you are keeping us waiting, you are right now taking pictures with him. I hope so!!

Not to get off topic, but you can't hit BELOW the spine and not hit vitals. You can certainly hit above the spine (and in the spinous process...thanks Christine), and not mortally wound a deer (seems that's the case in the deer pictured above).

To the OP, hopefully you're smiling behind that deer as we speak!
Old 10-29-2009, 12:48 PM
Typical Buck

Wow, even with obvious proof, like that picture, people still believe in the “void” theory. That picture clearly shows that the arrow passed above the spine. A little study in anatomy would help a lot of people.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:53 PM
Fork Horn

alright guys went out today where i last saw him run....only had smaller traces of blood for another 20 yards scarcely.....at one point found blood on two sides...did a fairly good search around the area...no deer. and earlier this aft it started to rain...
still found no arrow and we checked a couple spots where we thought he was heading....
Old 10-29-2009, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

two thoughts. the illuminock should still be light up... so scan the area tonight to see if you can find it. it could be worth a shot

2nd thought is this when a deer is wounded they usually find the thickest stuff they can find (safety) they will bed down and face the trail they just came from waiting. my guess is that you will find some blood (if the rain has not washed it all away) at the edge or the entrance to some thick grassy areas or dense stuff. also do not overlook a cornfield if they are around becuase right now it is some of the safest place for a deer. walk rows and you might just find him laying down. it worked for me one year on my first bow kill.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:16 PM
Fork Horn

you think so...i also thought about doing that tonight.....i shot it yesteday at 5 so 24 hrs now if it is still lit up...