Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
HELP!! please read give thoughts/ advice...buck shot >

HELP!! please read give thoughts/ advice...buck shot

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HELP!! please read give thoughts/ advice...buck shot

Old 10-29-2009, 03:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Im going to have to disagree with you on this....Ive seen bucks that have had been shot below the spine and live just fine.

Originally Posted by 2 Lunger
If he went halfway down and got back up you did some damage to the spine. Good new is there is no way to hit below the spine without hitting lungs. The "void" that people speak of is a myth. If you hit above the spine the deer lives barring any infection that could set in. Below the spine and the deer is dead.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:39 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by wis_bow_huntr
Im going to have to disagree with you on this....Ive seen bucks that have had been shot below the spine and live just fine.
I also thought this was a myth, but a poster had pics of one that he had shot in the void like 15 days after he shot it. I'm sure I could find it as it was posted I believe last week.So I'm saying myth "BUSTED"
Old 10-29-2009, 06:49 AM
Fork Horn

thanks all.....i will be heading out shortly....i will let you know the outcome....hopefully wit pics
Old 10-29-2009, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck finding him. You owe it to the animal to make every attempt to find it. The advice about making small circles is good especially if there's no blood, or you lose the trail. Rob's tracking thread at the top of the forum is a GREAT resource.

Good luck.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:45 AM
Spike

Here is a picture of the buck that I shot in the so called "void" area on Oct 4th. I followed a bloodtrail approx 800 yds of watery blood and never located him. Let the buck lay overnight before even tracking him. He showed back up on camera on Oct 19th eating corn under the same tree I shot him. The arrow only penetrated 6 to 7 inches and he collpased 3/4 the way and then took off just the same as your buck. He is on several cameras all over the place making scrapes and checking does so I believe he will be just fine. I hope you find him but if you dont find him dont give up! There has been several debates on the "void"...good luck and you can see my full post under...the bowhunting forum...he is alive...after goofed up archery shot! thanks
Old 10-29-2009, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hunter74079

Here is a picture of the buck that I shot in the so called "void" area on Oct 4th. I followed a bloodtrail approx 800 yds of watery blood and never located him. Let the buck lay overnight before even tracking him. He showed back up on camera on Oct 19th eating corn under the same tree I shot him. The arrow only penetrated 6 to 7 inches and he collpased 3/4 the way and then took off just the same as your buck. He is on several cameras all over the place making scrapes and checking does so I believe he will be just fine. I hope you find him but if you dont find him dont give up! There has been several debates on the "void"...good luck and you can see my full post under...the bowhunting forum...he is alive...after goofed up archery shot! thanks
I bet he still gives you nightmares....I'd be ruined.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 2 Lunger
If he went halfway down and got back up you did some damage to the spine. Good new is there is no way to hit below the spine without hitting lungs. The "void" that people speak of is a myth. If you hit above the spine the deer lives barring any infection that could set in. Below the spine and the deer is dead.
The above is gospel!!!!

If you hit the deer where you think you did, you have a dead deer on your hands. A high lung hit like that is going to leave very little blood on the ground, so the track job may not be an easy one.

I had a similar hit on a my best buck last year. I hit him high, misjudged yardage, and did not blow thru him. I was scared of the hit and gave him about 5 hours before I even inspected the site of the hit. We found him about 90 yards away, but did not find any blood on the ground.

You gave him time, I sure this will turn out well for you. Good luck!
Old 10-29-2009, 09:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

any luck?
Keep us posted...
Old 10-29-2009, 10:07 AM
Fork Horn

Come on!! You cant keep us waiting like this. Any updates?? You know its bad when the suspense of someone else hitting one is keeping you on the edge of your seat. Good luck and I sure hope you find him!!
Old 10-29-2009, 10:49 AM
Fork Horn

I'll be checking in all day to see if you find him. The buck in the picture seen after he was shot in the "void" area, is now the SECOND deer I have seen a picture of with a hole in it after a hunter shot it. So I am going with the myth BUSTED idea. I've seen it twice and that's enough for me. I hope like heck you find this guy. Maybe since you are keeping us waiting, you are right now taking pictures with him. I hope so!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.