HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Worst hunting store out there. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/308215-worst-hunting-store-out-there.html)

bigtim6656 10-28-2009 03:05 PM

Worst hunting store out there.

What store do you think is the worst out there as far as hunting stuff goes.
Worst service worst selection worst employs worst price worst brands.

For me it is gander mountain mainly due to price and service the local archary shop mounted by bow sight wrong and cost me a deer. They never seem to get close to the right price. The guys at the gun desk normaly do not seem to want to help anyone.
A close second is walmart. Seems there selection of gun stuff and even hunting/fishing stuff is near non. They never have someone there that can help though there cheap normaly it is cheap chinese made crap.

bigtim6656 10-28-2009 03:08 PM

you can vote more then once if you think some make the worst list and can not choose. I hit gander walmart and the sportsman guide.

Shooter1963 10-28-2009 03:53 PM

Well i can't really give an educated vote as to the "worst" out there, I have only used a local shop near me in New Jersey for my purchases and services. I have bought some things from Cabellas "on-line" or some great sale items from Dicks Sporting goods, but never had to deal with any live people. But i will tell you that the local "little guy" sporting goods store I use has been one of the BEST.
Simon Peter Sporting Goods in Newton NJ for those of you who want quality products, both new and used guns and bows, fair prices equal to the "chain" stores, and service from the employees that cant be matched. Everyone there is knowedgable in one thing or another, and if you ask for help, you will be sure to get the right advice.
So i'll continue to shop and maintain my equipment there, and hopefully i never have to vote "THE WORST" store out there.

marlin30/30_drabe 10-28-2009 04:52 PM

walmart sells brand name things i have bought a lot of little things from walmart and have not had problems

sits in trees 10-28-2009 05:28 PM

i gotta say the snot nosed guy behind the gun counter at gander really pisses me off.....especially since i've spent about 5 grand in that store in the last 4 years!!!

englum_06 10-28-2009 08:23 PM

Tim I think you've made 3 or 4 posts in the last week or so discussing how TERRIBLE Gander Mt. is.

It's really a simple fix:

A) STOP going there.
B) Shop Online
C) Call Gander Mt. Home Office and complain

pwrsrtk350 10-29-2009 05:04 AM

Puts Dicks on the list so I can vote lol.

bigtim6656 10-29-2009 05:30 AM

i did not mean this to be a gander thread just more so to get everyones thoughts on who is the wrost.

Originally Posted by englum_06 (Post 3487821)
Tim I think you've made 3 or 4 posts in the last week or so discussing how TERRIBLE Gander Mt. is.

It's really a simple fix:

A) STOP going there.
B) Shop Online
C) Call Gander Mt. Home Office and complain