HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Buck checking scrapes during the night (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/308157-buck-checking-scrapes-during-night.html)

TK0205 10-28-2009 05:35 AM

Buck checking scrapes during the night

1 Attachment(s)
I've been seeing this guy's scrape for about 2 weeks now, but never have seen him hunting. Now that I have gotten the trail cam pics back, I know why. Any ideas on how to get him to come out during the day?

BOWHUNTER818 10-28-2009 05:42 AM

Figure out his Core area, get his patterns down "traveling coridoor" he has to wander around to get to those scrapes. Get to know where he beds where he likes to feed and just try to be in the right place at the right time.. Not much more you can do, The rut is comming so it may be alot easier to get a visual then...Good luck with him!!...

-NICK

ahunter55 10-28-2009 05:42 AM

I'm in N.E. Iowa about 45 min. from Ws. border. Seems most Bucks in our area are coming out right at dark. 7-10 days & they will be cruiseing lots of daylight. Just Be patient.

Bbearfax 10-28-2009 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by ahunter55 (Post 3486790)
I'm in N.E. Iowa about 45 min. from Ws. border. Seems most Bucks in our area are coming out right at dark. 7-10 days & they will be cruiseing lots of daylight. Just Be patient.

Thats good info right there.

Mathewsboy 10-28-2009 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Bbearfax (Post 3486797)
Thats good info right there.

YUP.. I'm having the same prob.. I'm trying to not get discouraged.. I know next week things are gonna start hoppin!

rh160kid 10-28-2009 10:09 AM

as said-be patient. He will start moving in daylight more and more very soon.

DVXDUDE 10-28-2009 10:27 AM

sit and wait all day as much as you can. When you get desperate, find his bedding area and go in a set up, even if you scare him out. He will most likely come back, I know a few giants that been taken that way.

halfbakedi420 10-28-2009 10:46 AM

well where i hunt in east texas the deer are over hunted by a paper company who is also a huntin club and the deer are perty much nocturnal..if ya dont go lightin it up on openin weekend like the 4th of july with the rest of the area, and go on wedensday..the deer will know the safe areas..i.e not big bangs over here..that is y success story on top of not goin in my area at all basically, unless to plot or fill feeders in the summer time..rut will be your wild card..if ya have does keep em..and doe **** and estrus in the bottle werks cause its different than what the bucks have smelled out there..most of the time..and will help bring em in..put the scents upwind as to blow completely across ur property..i e not just at your stand, but at the mostested<<haha upwind spot on ur place ..be ready and have some kinda stop lure on the way to your scentrags will stop em intime..no baiting? better be ready to shoot

THEY DONT GET BIG COMIN OUT TO THE FEEDERS DURIN DAYLIGHT LOL

SouthDakotaHunter 10-28-2009 02:01 PM

As many have mentioned just be patient... Don't want to take risk on bumping him.... As each day goes by he should start to move earlier and earlier...

DeBauche11 10-28-2009 04:12 PM

move your camera off that scrape into an area where you think he is coming from. If you get pics of him at an earlier time then thats prob where he is coming from and set your stands up accordingly.