Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Glendale full rut review. >

Glendale full rut review.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Glendale full rut review.

Old 10-27-2009, 01:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Glendale full rut review.

Ok i bought a Glendale full rut sept 15th. First when i took it out the box i almost dropped it back in. The legs have lines where the mold was. So does the back and belly. Nothing thats a issue with use just looks alittle odd. There was some paint coming off. I wanted it for shooting not to look at so i accepted the issues with the look. The legs can come off easy but I have not had a issue with it when shooting just when moving it to and from my range sight.

As for shooting it seems to take a arrow good. The holes shrink up soon after and as for people saying you should not shoot the body i disagree. The body is just as easy if not easier as far as arrow removal goes. It does take alittle longer for the hole to shrink up but it is ok with me. The only place i have had a issue with arrow removal is if i hit the spot between the block and the body. All in all it seems to work good It is easy to move and set up. Which i need as i move it and do not leave it out side. As a 250 dollar target would not last long around here plus i figure the rain ant going to do it any good.
I do not like the setup for holding the deer up. It is two pieces of rebar that go in the feet and in the ground. I took it and two pieces of angle iron and weld me up two feet that are 4 foot long so it does not fall over. Plus i think the weight of the feet help keep it from moving when i shoot it.
All in all i love it. I will buy another when i get around to it. But it will not make a good decoy and it is not going to win beautiful target of the year