Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage broadheads

Old 10-27-2009, 07:45 AM
Spike

Default Rage broadheads

Any success or failures out there with the new "rage" broadheads? Are they what the manufacturer plays them up to be? I'm not using them because im one of those guys that dosen't want what everyone else is getting, but maybe i can be made a "believer"?
Old 10-27-2009, 07:48 AM
Typical Buck

i thought about getting some of them this year...but didn't have enough time to practice...check some of the posts on here, just like anything, some good comments, some bad...i will stick to my fixed blade wasp hammer sst's
Old 10-27-2009, 07:54 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah. There are quite a few threads on here abuot the Rages. I got jumped all over last year for stating that a guide I was with said that they hate the Rage Heads because they have more lost animals with them than any other broad head. I just stick with the montec G5 that I have used since the begining of my archery career. I have always achieved a clean pass through and watched the deer fall.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:03 AM
Spike

Well like i said, I'm using "carbon express" F-15 and unless i find a good arguement, I'm sticking with them. Best put when said" If it works, stick with it"
Old 10-27-2009, 08:36 AM
Fork Horn

It is so much more about were your arrow hits and not what it is tipped with. When I was young and dumb I killed a doe with a judo (spelling?) point. Broadside double lung arrow stopped at the hide on the opposite side. Deer went 50 yards and tipped over. I would not recommend trying this tho there was no blood trail at all.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:52 AM
Fork Horn

I tried them, did not like them, they open up if you walk through brush and when you shoot, you find yourself looking at your head to make sure that the blades are closed, that's the last thing I want to be going through my mind when that big buck is in front of me.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Dopler
I tried them, did not like them, they open up if you walk through brush and when you shoot, you find yourself looking at your head to make sure that the blades are closed, that's the last thing I want to be going through my mind when that big buck is in front of me.
I have experienced that as well which is why I put an extra rubber band on them... I will be trying grim reapers next year...

Ive had incredible results with them though and have yet to have a bad experience thus far...
Old 10-27-2009, 11:28 AM
Fork Horn

Shot them last year and killed a nice buck but will not shoot them again. This year I shoot the Phat Head by SteelForce. Penetration is everything to me and I just did not get much with the Rage 2 blade. From 18 yards I got no pass through, arrow stuck out 12 inches just behind left shoulder and was broke off as he ran off but it did leave a massive entry hole and lot of blood. I recovered him 60 yards from where he was hit. I shoot 68 lbs during the winter, 29 1/2 inch arrows 412 grains and no pass through.

The doe I shot with the phat head this year was 34 yards, pass through, double lung, she dropped when she was hit, got up, staggered 10 yards then fell over and died. And I will say that I hit her a little further back then the buck.

Last edited by *twodogs*; 10-30-2009 at 06:12 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check this out...

http://www.ragebroadheads.com/Gallery.aspx
Old 10-27-2009, 12:26 PM
Spike

Ive heard both, when they work they work amazingly but when they dont work right you lose animals. ive heard enough bad stuff to scare me off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.