Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Saw 1st sign of the rut last night in Pa. >

Saw 1st sign of the rut last night in Pa.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Saw 1st sign of the rut last night in Pa.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Saw 1st sign of the rut last night in Pa.

Had 2 doe getting dogged by a buck last night. There were no stopping them that's for sure, the doe wanted nothing to do with the buck but he was not giving up! Let the fun begin.....
Old 10-27-2009, 02:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

seems there actually may be a PA seeking/chasing phase this season.....

i say that because last year i witnessed NONE...and know alot of people local and on forums that agree that it seemed non-exsistant...

i am sorta bummed i tagged mine....but maybe i'll venture out with a buddy and try filming with my pocket digital camera....or maybe i'll just venture out for the heck of it and scout and observe for the future...to late to be knockin on doors for new land..but i have a few spots id like to sit in and see what comes by and see if its worth hunting next season...maybe i'll shoot me a few more bucks.....with the camera that is!
Old 10-27-2009, 06:10 AM
Typical Buck

Talking to a buddy yesterday at work he said he saw the same this past weekend.
This weekend is the opening of muzzleloader. Hope to get into the woods this Friday for the last day of archery.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a young buck chasing a doe last week (10/21), and my buddy had young bucks chasing last night. I expect things to be exciting this weekend...
Old 10-27-2009, 06:35 AM
Typical Buck

I witnessed some chasing on 10/25
Old 10-27-2009, 06:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

I still haven't seen any yet, but it's still early. Good to hear the boys are starting to get cranked up.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:51 AM
Typical Buck

other than my buck estrous post in the thread, i have yet to see anything akin to pre-rut/seeking and chasing but your post gets me excited for the weekend
Old 10-27-2009, 07:06 AM
Fork Horn

Yesterday morning, I saw a buck scoping out a young doe in my neighbors yard.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:11 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by mauser06
seems there actually may be a PA seeking/chasing phase this season.....

i say that because last year i witnessed NONE...and know alot of people local and on forums that agree that it seemed non-exsistant...

i am sorta bummed i tagged mine....but maybe i'll venture out with a buddy and try filming with my pocket digital camera....or maybe i'll just venture out for the heck of it and scout and observe for the future...to late to be knockin on doors for new land..but i have a few spots id like to sit in and see what comes by and see if its worth hunting next season...maybe i'll shoot me a few more bucks.....with the camera that is!
I think most of the states have seen the same thing last year.

I blame global warming
Old 10-27-2009, 07:30 AM
Fork Horn

I witnessed the first chasing of the year here in northern IL on Sunday night, also saw two 3 1/2 year old bucks, they were not chasing but I could tell that they were starting to feel their oats.

Most experts are saying that this year is supposed to be a classic rut, the likes we have not seen for several years--I hope they are right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.