Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Amazed or surprised you >

Amazed or surprised you

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Amazed or surprised you

Old 10-27-2009, 11:32 AM
Typical Buck

something that also spooked me out was deer looking up into a tree, either with me in it or not
Old 10-27-2009, 11:33 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bowfly
something that also spooked me out was deer looking up into a tree, either with me in it or not
Seems like they might be getting used to having to check in the air as well as on the ground now...
Old 10-27-2009, 12:00 PM
Fork Horn

I think what amazes me every year is how the deer react to being hit by an arrow as opposed to a slug. Shooting a deer with a bow, the shot is usually much closer and it is quiet, you don't disturb the woods as a firearm does. The deer sometimes don't even know where the shot came from. It's a pretty powerful experience to watch that deer die in front of you, I have had that happen many times (including this year's doe) with a bow but only a few times with a firearm because shots are much further away from the POI. To witness something like that makes me respect the animals I hunt even more so than I did when I hunted exclusively with a firearm. Maybe its because the shots are so much closer

Last edited by *twodogs*; 10-27-2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

right now i am amazed about how hard it is to even see a deer! this has to be the worst year for a beginning bow hunter ever! but i took a shot at a doe and i realized how hard it is to range the deer and to pull back....once i see more deer(i hope) i will be suprised by what i can do....and what the arrow can do and so forth...
Old 10-27-2009, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

[quote=itsslow98;3485451]unfortunately there are two things that have amazed me so far. i just started hutning this year and have practiced with my bow just about everyday for a couple months.

1) practice is practice, the whole ball game chanegs when your first deer is standing within shotting range of you lol, you might be able to hit that target dead on 500 shots in a row, but that damn deer must have a forecfield around it(missed my first deer by a few inches)
quote]

i did the same thing its crazy man
Old 10-27-2009, 05:14 PM
Fork Horn

the coolest things that i ahve learnt WITH OUT A DOUGHT...
1. the time you have to put in to be successful, its like u become to no each deer when you see it.
2.the respect i have come to have for these animals and the respect that u all know what im tlakign about.
3. and lastly the patience and the practice it takes every year, and when u arnt seeing nothing it sucks i wont lie. but when u c that deer come into your plan perfectly, and you are able to let your arrow fly, just the sence of acheivement and that rush of adrenilne you dont get from ANYTHING els. that jsut makes it worth it all rihgt there

ryan
Old 10-27-2009, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would have to say the thing that has just amazed me about bow season is just the unbelievable amounts of deer I see compared to ML and rifle seasons. It blows my mind.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:06 PM
Spike

I would have to say it amazes me on the amount of bucks i see during bow compared to gun its 10 fold!
Old 10-28-2009, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm amazed & surprised every season as to what unfolds in the woods & the animals I see & seem to always learn something. Everything we experience is amazing.
This is the start of 53 years of Bowhunting for me & many many trips afield listening to the birds wake up & go to sleep. One thing though-the WOODS never sleeps.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

What amazes me is watching my 72 yr old dad when I sit with him and buck comes it. For someone who has been hunting all his life, he still acts like a KID and gets all flustered.. I even have him shooting a TREE on Video with his rifle on opener.. I always have to tell him.. CALM DOWN! Its frickin Hilarious.. P.S. He never bowhunted until I got him into it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.