Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Help me get out of this slump (please) >

Help me get out of this slump (please)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help me get out of this slump (please)

Old 10-26-2009, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Help me get out of this slump (please)

Ok. Who can help me get out of my 0 for 14 slump. What's your rituals for stuff like what's your superstition. I'm all ears open to any suggestions.

Thanks!!

Ryan.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Save your money and come to Illinois...I will put you on at least a Doe. LOL
Old 10-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah. My boss wants me to go with him but he spends more than I paid for my last truck to go every year so I used that to imply I needed a pay raise... Didn't work as well as it played out in my mind

Ryan.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah. My boss wants me to go with him but he spends more than I paid for my last truck to go every year so I used that to imply I needed a pay raise... Didn't work as well as it played out in my mind

Ryan.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ryan.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:48 PM
Typical Buck

0-14?? Do you mean youve shot 14 times and missed every time? If so, shooting practice is what you need. Or have you gone out 14 times and havnt got a deer yet? If thats the case do some more scouting and find a better stand location.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, here is what I do BEFORE the season starts every year. I clean my deer mounts good an make them look fresh. Failed to do it last year. I went the whole season with out scoring on or seeing a good buck. I made sure an cleaned them this year. I put a decent 9 point of the ground Oct. 10th. I passed on a small eight on the 17th.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure why that posted 3 times but anyhow, I'm going to try that mount thing and see what that brings.

Ryan.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:24 PM
Fork Horn

You have to show the demon that you will not give up, ever. No matter what happens, no matter what bad luck is thrown your way. No superstitious bs will help, not praying, not anything, other than your own persistence and will power. No matter what, you keep trying. You are in a battle of will power. When the season is over, you want to look back and say I did it right and never gave up. It will be one of the hardest hunting challenges you ever take on. And then, when you walk up to that buck down, it becomes the one of the sweetest things ever in your hunting life. Don't give up!
Old 10-26-2009, 05:35 PM
Fork Horn

So what is 0 for 14 ?

14 misses ?
Went out 14 times without seeing a deer ?
14 years since last kill ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.