HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Two Deer, One Arrow (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/307972-two-deer-one-arrow.html)

dvalliere 10-26-2009 11:11 AM

Two Deer, One Arrow

I couldn't believe it when I ran across this local headline!

solocamcan 10-26-2009 11:23 AM

It can be done, I witnessed it once, but not on purpose like this guy claims to have done.

bigtim6656 10-26-2009 11:31 AM

Heck i did that last night went through a 12 point then a doe. Ohh well wait it was a 12 point then two does. Then i woke up!!!! Wow thats a great shot Maybe one day. I have heard of it with a gun but not a bow. I did see a hunt on tv where the guy would not shoot a doe with his bow because a turkey was behind her and he did not have a tag for turkey

BrentH243 10-26-2009 02:15 PM

Pretty crazy...especially to break 4 ribs. Must have hit high on the first one (top of the lungs) and low on the second one (heart, as stated in article). I've heard of this happening with a rifle, but its hard to imagine with a bow!

bowfly 10-26-2009 02:35 PM

Crazy...unethical...cool?

Don't know if I agree about the "opportunity" seems like too much of a gamble

Plus, I love how he poses with a big buck picture and not the yearlings...what a joker for lack of better terms

drockw 10-26-2009 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by BrentH243 (Post 3484983)
Pretty crazy...especially to break 4 ribs. Must have hit high on the first one (top of the lungs) and low on the second one (heart, as stated in article). I've heard of this happening with a rifle, but its hard to imagine with a bow!

He must have been using a HEAVY arrow with a super sharp, small diameter COC magnus style bh to have 2 full pass thrus with a nova.

Impressive as heck if what he says is in fact truth.

halfbakedi420 10-26-2009 02:45 PM

definatly beleivable, my killers go through two stop bags and 1/2 way through a cedar fence..nice shot..besides yearlings are soft, bones aint real think or hard...i see no need to try

dvalliere 10-26-2009 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by bowfly (Post 3485016)

Part of me says cool, part says unethical. Part of me would like to try it with yearlings with a high power rifle, but not a bow. But the part of me that says unethical would probably win out.

I love how he poses with a big buck picture and not the yearlings...

I too thought that was ironic.

Rob/PA Bowyer 10-26-2009 05:43 PM

Don't know if I agree about the "opportunity" seems like too much of a gamble

Plus, I love how he poses with a big buck picture and not the yearlings...what a joker for lack of better terms

I agree, and I'd prefer the term, unethical personally. The outcome could have been much, much worse. He took a "chance" that succeeded, this time.

1shotkill1993 10-26-2009 05:56 PM

Hmmm weird...