Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Two Deer, One Arrow >

Two Deer, One Arrow

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Two Deer, One Arrow

Old 10-26-2009, 05:57 PM
Dominant Buck

I brought up this question many years ago and caught heck from most. I believe it's possible. I have a spot where if it comes up, I'm willing to try it. It's an old shed an my friends backyard. The deer I've shot from 10 feet away, the arrows travel another 25 yrds before they hit the ground. That would easialy go through two even three deer lined up.

FYI, fist deer with a shot gun was a two'fer
Old 10-26-2009, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I definitely believe its possible. I also would NEVER take that shot even if they were lined up with a big X painted on the boiler room. I hate sounding like the ethics police, but I think that shot was unethical and irresponsible. I have had opportunities like that on turkey (my first bird, in fact was side by side with his twin) but I waited until they were separated before shooting.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:49 AM
Typical Buck

I would say its possible, sounds like a job for the myth busters!!
Old 10-27-2009, 07:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've had oppertunities to do this as well when we've had 2 tags available but elected to pass every time. On the ground to me would be the best oppertunity to do It but I still say It's very risky and not something I would do or tell anyone else to do.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:47 AM
Typical Buck

seems like many of us are on board, unethical, though it worked out in his "favor" which is not what i want to write here, but don't know the word i am looking for at the moment

also, glad i wasn't the only one who thought it was funny he posed with the buck
Old 10-27-2009, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

If he was going to let them walk before they got side by side, why the hell shoot? Sounds like he was trying to impress people. This guy strikes me as having a big ego and being a game hog. He also strikes me as being a "just for the kill" hunter. I'm going with the unethical and unnecessary crowd.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:36 AM
Spike

If you read the comments on the article, it seems as though the story was reported differently in another local paper. Seems a little fishy! Also, unless there was a typo by the reporter, the deer were shot before legal shooting light. On October 11th, legal shooting began in Zone D at 6:44 am, and the story says they were shot at 6:00 am. Not saying it was illegal, just wondering...
Old 10-28-2009, 04:56 PM
Fork Horn

I am sure you can google this, several years ago (maybe 15 or so) a lady did this on film for Georgia Outdoors Telivision. That was our local hunting show for many years and the show aired several times. It can happen, as it is on film.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

Unethical or unsportsmanlike.

Can it be done - yes.

Should it be done - no (in my opinion).

The chances on maiming the second deer are too great in my opinion.

Why take the risk?
Just so you can brag?
That's what it sounds like to me.

Try "trick" shots on non-living targets.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's 1000% possible....I seen it done. Not on purpose, but it did happen.