HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   ground blind for 200 bucks. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/307868-ground-blind-200-bucks.html)

bigtim6656 10-25-2009 12:39 PM

ground blind for 200 bucks.

Ok i did not plan on a new ground blind but with my 13 year old cousin wanting to hunt and the fact i will be muzzloader hunting i think i need one.
I bought a eastmen carbon blind from sams last year. But when we moved my dad sold it when we moved thinking it was the old camo tent someone had given us. A 200 blind for 75 bucks :kt::poke:
so i need a new one. I was thinking a double bull but with buying a new muzzy my blind budget is 200 bucks. What do you think i should buy? It needs to hold 2 people for gun hunting. My big butt and a small kid. Plus the odd bow hunt by myself. Easy to haul in and out the wood and not to heavy.
Also what dirt cheap blind would you use for my needs. I do not want something chunk but if i can get a couple of them for 200s it would be nice.
Thanks guys.
Also i did get another hunter in the sport. My cousin is dying to get out there. He was begging me to wait the other afternoon so he could just go and sit with me. But he had to leave for 3 hours and waiting till 6 to head in was not a option. Also is there anything i should teach him or do when teaching a young kid. I want him to learn the good stuff. Scent control, scouting and so on but i do not want to overwhelm him.

Muliefever 10-25-2009 01:39 PM

I bought two from killzone, cheap, work great!

bigtim6656 10-25-2009 01:50 PM

killzone???????????

Pope94/IA 10-25-2009 04:45 PM

I have a groundmax vison blind by primos. $200 buck on the dot. I got mine for $150 because it was on sale at gandar mountain. The blind will easily hold two people. I bet you could get two grown ups and a kid in there and still have enough room for a bow hunter. Im 5' 10" and I can stand up in it. It had 360 degree shooting and you shoot threw mesh screens that you can adjust any where and you can also replace.
Last year for spring turkey season me and my mom were both in there and I had my bow and she was using my homemade tripod/camera arm mount that I built that is pretty bulky and we had plenty of room to stretch out our legs and everything.
Its a great blind for the price but the only problem I saw with it was the sewing on the smaller things. The first month I had it out some of the stichings came out that holds the magnets in. Nothing major. I fixed it myself.

One last thing... I've had my blind for two years now and it has been in some pretty harsh weather and some pretty bad beatings by the cattle and its still in good shape.

minnesotadeer 10-25-2009 05:52 PM

I have a Groundmax Escape Deluxe, which I think is similar to the one what Pope94 described. I've had it for three years now and it gets left out from August until December every year and has held up well in some harsh Minnesota conditions. I highly recommend it. It's big, give you lots of shooting options with the windows and you can open and close the windows silently from the inside, a HUGE deal for me. Like to keep as few windows open as possible yet readjust if a deer comes from a direction I wasnt anticipating.

Nalgi 10-25-2009 06:48 PM

Cabelas

has good blinds. I have the Lightening Set blind and I have shot deer, bear, elk and tons of varmints in it