Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
He is still alive!!...... after goofed up archery shot >

He is still alive!!...... after goofed up archery shot

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

He is still alive!!...... after goofed up archery shot

Old 10-29-2009, 07:22 AM
Spike

I hope that I get on him before end of this season so I dont see the antler reduction if any. I have been getting several daytime evening pics of him on several different cameras so I know he is moving around good. Just a matter of time.....havent been on the right stand yet!
Old 10-29-2009, 08:12 AM
Fork Horn

Wow big boy. Let me know if you want help killing him !!! We don't see many deer like that around my part of the woods. Where is it that you hunt, I have an X in Eastern OK I'm sure she'd let me sleep in the shed while I help you hunt.

Last edited by *twodogs*; 10-29-2009 at 08:14 AM.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:16 PM
Spike

the 10 pointer on my wall i hit in the same spot -- 2 weeks later from the same stand i caught him with a doe - made sure it counted that time
Old 10-29-2009, 05:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

That slice looks just like the one on the buck I got this week. Yea, somebody's out there beating himself up over this one. I will say, this buck was going about business as usual. I took him off of his very last "seeking" mission.
Attached Thumbnails He is still alive!!...... after goofed up archery shot-2009-rut-buck-002.jpg  
Old 10-29-2009, 06:13 PM
Fork Horn

i am still confused - is his left the entry or exit side?
Old 10-29-2009, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cool story and pics. Feels good eh? I did the same thing to a 6 point and was sick about it. Got him on cam the next fall (I think), but he was sickly and one side of his rack was all screwed up. I was hoping to see him last year, but didn't.

Good luck with him - a second chance would be a cool story