Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
First acrhery Buck and darn proud! >

First acrhery Buck and darn proud!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First acrhery Buck and darn proud!

Old 10-24-2009, 12:43 PM
Fork Horn

Nice buck, congrats! You will love bowhunting for many years to come now!
Old 10-24-2009, 01:21 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on a heck of a buck let alone a first one. You done good!!

Dan
Old 10-24-2009, 01:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

congrats hope my first is that big
Old 10-24-2009, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm afraid I am spoiled now!I woulda been just as excited with a forky...but hey this ain't a catch/release sport so guess I better hope for new levels.Still gonna aim for freezer meat rest of year. This hunt was the breaking point for me,opening weekend was a bust,full moon and wind wrong for setup,weather had deer bushed till late and I about froze out next weekend,I blew a 17 yard shot on a doe...I shot feeder leg!Then one hunt just left stand to early and looked back on trail to see deer crossing my path to feeder/stand.All the frustration and self doubt gets overwelming then one brief moment comes along and cements why we keep doing it! It will make watch sunrises more worthwhile and sunset more beautiful now knowing I wouldn't get to enjoy outdoors as much without hunting...game or no game.Sorry rant over hehehe
Old 10-24-2009, 03:53 PM
Typical Buck

great buck-congrads to you!!
Old 10-24-2009, 05:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Kanga
Limb Lizzard.

Congrats mate.

Seeing he is your first buck with a bow I would go ahead and spend the money and get a shoulder mount done.
Russ he's too cheap to do that... He's just going to keep the tail like he did on the squirrel he shot last year when we were in Oklahoma.
Rowel and I are going to Oklahoma next week and hunt for nine days, at least he's got that first one behind him. Good job little buddy.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by The Rev
Russ he's too cheap to do that... He's just going to keep the tail like he did on the squirrel he shot last year when we were in Oklahoma.
Rowel and I are going to Oklahoma next week and hunt for nine days, at least he's got that first one behind him. Good job little buddy.
I think that I was 12 years old the last time that I kept a squirrel tail. Maybe Rowel was looking to add to his retirement portfolio by selling the tails to the Mepp's factory?
Old 10-24-2009, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck, it's bigger than any of my bow killed bucks as well. Congrats!
Old 10-24-2009, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your first buck... you better spend the money. My first buck with a bow was a basket rack 6pt. and he is hanging on the wall with my 2 P&Y's.

You put one heck of a shot on that guy!
Old 10-24-2009, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations on your first bow buck. It's a great accomplishment. I tried to hold back, but I have to be honest I do not see 150 in that buck unless you're talkin weight. Great job nonetheless.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.