Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Hunter's Safety Lifeline? >

Hunter's Safety Lifeline?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunter's Safety Lifeline?

Old 10-25-2009, 06:34 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by bigbuckOO
I just bought one last week and set it up on my ladder stand. I ran it right down the side of the ladder like they did in the video. The line hangs over at least 1/4th of my sitting platform, it a 2 man buddy stand so has a decent platform. It will probably be a nuisance for me but not something i cant learn to deal with. It beats falling out of the tree and not being able to go home to my wife and 2 young boys.

I use mine with my climber the same way everyone else uses theirs while climbing up a ladder or hang on. I attach my harness to the prussic knot after i get in my climber at the bottom of the tree and i climb up and slide the knot up as a climb and then whenever i reach my desired height i just slide my knot up and stand up in my stand so that way Im attached to the tree. I usually hunt the same tree for several weeks at a time. I leave the lifeline attached to that tree if that answers your question as to how i use it.

When i approach a new tree I climb to my desired height and then i attach the lifeline to the tree and I leave it on there until I decide to take it down to hunt a new tree.