Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Finally had enough! >

Finally had enough!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Finally had enough!

Old 10-23-2009, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

All that I can say is that this better be a seriously prime piece of hunting ground for $2000+ of work.... Forget that property tell that old guy where he can shove that sign and move on just forget him and forget that property.

Ryan.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:25 AM
Fork Horn

It DOES suck....but this guy is obviously just angry at life. You are obviously a compassionate person to take him out to his property 5-6 times. You mentioned he has dementia and is obsessed with getting rid of the honeysuckle. Just keep that in mind. He is one-track focused and it has nothing to do with you. You are doing a good thing...it sucks that he is not...but by retaliating you will not gain anything other than being like him. I say hunt it anyway.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

There's a reason he had all the property cleared off, probably for his son so he can sell it to developers. Sorry to say it, but I think you just helped his son increase his profits.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Really sucks but shoot a big buck on there for the team first then take your sign back and bolt!
Old 10-23-2009, 10:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Just what kind of a sign was this and what did it say? Do you have a picture of it?
Old 10-24-2009, 04:46 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Rickmur
Just what kind of a sign was this and what did it say? Do you have a picture of it?
No Rick i didn't take any photos. The sign involved quite a bit of carving/chisel work, and a lot of detail painting. The sign sits about 8 feet tall and is 3.5 feet wide.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by shott8283
pricks like that will get whats coming to them.. and in his case.. sounds like it'll be soon.. sorry buddy.. it sucks..

I have to admit I got a chuckle out of that. Old fart farmers live forever man.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by JoshKeller
If being an artist is your profession, i'd send him a bill for the sign, quit hunting there, and consider it a breech of contract. You held up your end of the bargain, he didnt.
Without reading farther, I agree as you were used however, depends on what kind of contract you had but you can always try.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would try to negotiate with the guy to put off the spraying until after deer season. If he doesn't want to work with you on that you may just want to hunt it a few times to see whats going on later in the season. Pull your sign on your last hunt and move on.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by JoshKeller
If being an artist is your profession, i'd send him a bill for the sign, quit hunting there, and consider it a breech of contract. You held up your end of the bargain, he didnt.
I COMPLETELY agree!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.