Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

pa hunters

Old 10-22-2009, 12:35 PM
Spike

Default pa hunters

How is the season going for you? Personally I am not seeing the number of deer I typically do, I know they are there and see tons of sign but my old stands aren’t producing and i feel like im pressuring myself to much to get onto them and not making the best decisions
So for those of you pa hunters that are on the deer what type of setups are you using? Have you been seeing any chasing yet ive heard some reports of bucks on the prowl but haven’t seen it myself yet.
Next two days im hunting and I think im going to start tomorrow morning in a good producing oak and put some tinks out but any advise as to whats working for everyone else in pa will be great! Best of luck to everyone and lets hope this rain doesn’t wash Saturday out
Old 10-22-2009, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Been hunting southwestern, Pennsylvania (Greene County) for the last couple weeks and agree, haven't been seeing too many deer. They are simply NOT moving. It's usally like this every year and it never really starts picking up until around Halloween and the next weeks after.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:38 PM
Fork Horn

i hunt westmoreland county and have the same amount of action as the last two years. lots of does, not alot of buck movement. although i am seeing more scrapes and rubs the last week or so. so the bucks are around, just gotta be there at the right time and place. i agree w/ridgefactor about the time, usually around halloween and after.

Last edited by djs06dc5; 10-22-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've seen more deer and had more action this year, than I have in the past 3.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt in Schuylkill County and have seen deer every time I hit the woods. One really nice buck, but only in the early muzzleloader season. Nothing on the ground yet but hope to get lucky around Halloween. Usually the week after that it starts to get hot. I have not any rubs or scrapes yet.

Stay Safe.

KC
Old 10-23-2009, 04:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt Butler county (Western PA). I've only hunted 1 day, but saw 6 different bucks and 2 doe. I didn't see that many deer all of last season in 7 hunts. Last weeks cool weather had them really moving Friday night.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:01 AM
Fork Horn

I've seen more deer than last year, and have been dealing with rainy weekends.
WMU3D
Old 10-23-2009, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Seen a good amount of does, but the buck movement has been slow!

Shane
Old 10-23-2009, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been seeing my fair share of does in 3B. Only a spike and a 7-pointer so far for the bucks.

In 5C, seeing a lot of deer but not in the predictable areas. I think the acorn crop has them shifting their patterns and staying in the woods instead of hitting corn, fields, etc...
Old 10-23-2009, 10:21 AM
Spike

have not see one deer yet .in my spot think im moving into butler city now to hunt i got my permite to day to in butler city

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.