HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Great weekend in Alabama w/pics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/307612-great-weekend-alabama-w-pics.html)

okeechobeefishing 10-22-2009 11:35 AM

Great weekend in Alabama w/pics

Went to Alabama this past weekend and had a great bowhunt. Let me start off by saying we had been planning this trip since last janurary. So we are going to leave south florida on Thursday afternoon drive as far as we can and finish the drive Friday morning in time to hunt that afternoon. Being as excited as I was to get out of this Florida heat I was pretty well packed and ready to go by Tuesday. So on Wed. nite Brian calls me It's on his dad's place that we are going to hunt. He tells me that it's been so wet up there that he hasn't been able to work and now that it has dried up a little he has to work all weekend. Just my luck. So instead I will stay home and hunt hogs around the house. Friday morning get in my ground blind and have 7 pigs come in right after daylight so I pick out the prettiest one and let her have it. She only went 22 yards which for a hog is a pretty short way. didn't get a good photo of her but here she is.

So we get her cut up and head home. On the way I check my messages and it's Brian. Went to work and it's still to wet to work. Do we still wanna come up . Darn right we do. So I call my buddy Tim and he says he will be home as soon as he can. I get home load up, pick up Tim and we are off to Alabama. It's 2:01 pm when we leave home and it's 744 miles to get there. we get there and lay down at 2:26 am Alabama time. Brian comes in and wakes us at 4:45. Time to get up shower, descent and get in a tree. First morning I'm sitting there at 7:55 and see 2 does come out to my right but they wouldn't come in for a shot. They leave and I sit back down and look right in front and ther stands one not 6 yards in front of my stand. Let her feed away from me a little settle the pin and let it fly. Good hit a little far back but not bad. Watch her run 15 yards to the edge of the field then stop. She walks into the thick stuff and I hear her fall down. She only went 40 yards from where I hit her.

Not the biggest doe around but she will some good eating. I was the only on to get one that first morning. Everyone else saw deer but no shots. There were 7 of us hunting that first day. Joey scored on saturday evening with this nice buck which we didn't find till the next morning in the pond.

Next to get his deer was by buddy Tim. This is his first year bowhunting. So far he as taken 1 shot at an animal and has 1 deer to show for that shot. here she is,he was very excited dragged her out hisself and walked all the back to the camp to tell everyone.

That same morning Chase who was hunting with us shot a doe that's her in the back of the rhino. So we clean up these deer and wait for the afternoon hunt. Chase shot another doe that night we all saw deer during every hunt not a lot of shot chances but a great weekend was had by all. My Thanks to Brian and his dad for allowing us to enjoy his place and have a great time in the woods. I know this was quite along read but hope you enjoyed . Jerry

kateraxl2381 10-22-2009 01:16 PM

great pics and congrats

Kid 10-22-2009 01:31 PM

Thanks for sharing the story and pics. Congrats to all! :rock:

BrentH243 10-22-2009 02:42 PM

Looks like a great weekend!

JVA54 10-22-2009 03:31 PM

Congrats!!

Hunt4Life23 10-22-2009 04:43 PM

Congrats on a successful trip!!

MATHEWS PA BOWHUNTER 10-22-2009 06:23 PM

Congrats, looks like alot of Great memories