Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

god help me

Old 10-22-2009, 11:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default god help me

Well i went out yesterday had a good and bad day again. I was sitting there when about 9am two does start coming down the wood line next to the bean field i am on. They where eating some beans and grass as they came on down got to the corner to enter the woods i knew they would come right in front of me. So the only time i could stand would be now or when they turn and they where moving at a good speed. the wind was from the south and they where almost due north of me so i guess another medal for my scent control. So i stand and one doe sees me but does not seem completely alarmed but she knows i am there.

When i stood my pants fell to my ankles. I am standing there full camo with my pants on my feet and thermal underwear showing. Which did not bother me except the brite white thermals. So i slowly sit down to pull my pants up. She see me sit and jumps down the trail the yearling i shot in the leg last week went down. I got to draw sitting down and turned to my right so my string was sitting on the metal bar on the stand. I moved out Little to get it off and spooked her.
She ran but the other doe. I think she was dumb or slow and she just stood there. So set my pin on her heart and let it go. I got in a hurry since the other ran made a big mistake. i had ranged the tree next to her at 26 yards. SO i thought i would set the 30 pins Little low not much. Well in the hurry and deer fever i set the 30 pin right on here heart and shot over her.
I did get lucky the luminock let me find the 15.00 arrow and the 8 dollar broad head in the brash even in day light. Guess it could have been worst and i could have wounded her.
But on a good note i have had three shots on does though i have missed all three i have now seen more deer in three hunts this year then in the last two years i have hunted with a bow. In fact i would say i have seen more deer this year in this one spot then i have ever in my first 5 years of hunting period.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:45 AM
Typical Buck

lol-thats literally gettin caught with your pants down!!!! LOL-
Old 10-22-2009, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tim, you have some of the worse luck I have ever heard of! I mean, how in the hell do your pants fall down?!?! I am sitting here at work picturing you standing in your tree with your pants bunched around your boots. I think if I were you, I would have just stood there with my pants down and worried about pulling them up once I shot the deer. It might be time to invest in a belt!

As you stated, it could have been a lot worse, but it could have been a lot better. The question is, are you having fun? That is all that is important.

I have a feeling that you are going to connect this year. God knows you deserve a kill.

As you stated, you are seeing the deer, you just have to get luck to swing on your side. Maybe spend a few hours in a clover plot looking for a 4 leafer.

Good luck and I am really looking forward to your next post!
Old 10-22-2009, 12:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hang in there. On a side note, I have nothing white to wear while hunting, All clothes are camo or green, even my white underwear I dyed green.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hahaha. That's beautiful Tim
To be able to tell that story around a bunch of friends will make that a great day in the woods.
Good luck for the rest of the year. Hope you get one
Old 10-22-2009, 01:46 PM
Typical Buck

Tim, you should have your own hunting comedy show. It would be like a cross between Benny Hill and Babe Winkleman......

Last edited by MO-KS_hunter; 10-22-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:09 PM
Typical Buck

All Im curious about is why were your pants able to fall down anyways? lol
Old 10-22-2009, 04:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

lol ya i need my own show. The XXXXXXL hunter or something like that. As for the pants falling down. I forgot my belt on my blue jeans when going out. since i am so big my belly is alot bigger around my waist. I buy my pants and bought my camo pants to fit around my belly. Well when sitting there at my waist. Normaly i get up and pull them up. Or have the belt tight to my waist. Well not this time. Just think your walking through the woods and a 475 pound guy is in a tree at draw with his pants down.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Crazy--lmao!
Old 10-22-2009, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had some crazy things happen to me while hunting but I can honestly say, I have never had my pants fall down! LOL!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.