Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Heading to Illinois! >

Heading to Illinois!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Heading to Illinois!

Old 10-21-2009, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Heading to Illinois!

A year later and the time has finally arrived. I'll leaving Thursday AM for a week hunt in IL. SCBigBuckHunter and TexasBowhunter will be there too. We should have a great week in camp.

We're heading on a long 975 mile drive to Lanark, IL. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and the bucks will be walking!

I hope to have some great updates and lots of pics in the next week and a half.

Dave
Old 10-21-2009, 03:11 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck Dave!! I hope you guys have a great trip. Keep us updated. Drive safe! and bring home the "bone".

Dan
Old 10-21-2009, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck, hope this warm weather and these high winds push on out of here when ya get here. It's made for some less than ideal hunting conditions over the last week or so. We need another cold front!
Old 10-21-2009, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mfd1027
Good luck Dave!! I hope you guys have a great trip. Keep us updated. Drive safe! and bring home the "bone".

Dan
Thanks Dan. It's gonna be one long drive but hopefully things will pan out.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by IL-Cornfed
Good luck, hope this warm weather and these high winds push on out of here when ya get here. It's made for some less than ideal hunting conditions over the last week or so. We need another cold front!
According to weather.com its supposed to be cooling off in the next few days. The rain may be a bit more of an issue though. As far as the wind, well that never stops. lol
Old 10-21-2009, 03:48 PM
Fork Horn

u got a long haul ahead of ya...hopefully it is all worth it though..good luck!!
Old 10-21-2009, 03:51 PM
Typical Buck

good luck, I will be making the 1300 mile drive in a couple of weeks myself. Be safe and shoot a big one.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

Good luck, have fun!

I put several thousand miles on my truck to go shoot carp... so don't feel too bad about the mileage. I hope it's worth it to you.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

You lucky dog... I hope you get a good one....

You and Andy be safe driving up, I fly back home Friday and we are leaving early Saturday morning, we will see you guys in camp Saturday night late.... maybe early Sunday morning!!!! We have 1100 miles to drive!!!!! But the truck is sitting at the house itching to go!!!

Last edited by TexasBowHunter; 10-21-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Curtis I am driving by myself. Andy has a family situation with his Aunt. She has kidney failure (I think) and actually was told she wouldn't make past last weekend. He's going to stick around in case she passes he can go to the funeral. He's planning on flying up once that all happens. We just don't know when.

Other than that I'm ready to go. It's gonna be a long haul by myself so I'm just going to take my time and not rush things.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.