Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

jus thinkin...

Old 10-21-2009, 08:27 AM
Spike

Default jus thinkin...

if you dry off with a towel that reaks of downy or gain detergent, doesnt that pretty much kill the idea of a scent free shower? ha i realized that when i went to dry off my face and my nose was "punched" by mr. snuggles!
Old 10-21-2009, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

hahaha....yes, I think, I try to wash a towel with my stuff but sometimes forget. I dont think its that big of deal though. Just spray down more?
Old 10-21-2009, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a designated towel for hunting season that gets washed with my hunting stuff. TOTALLY defeats the purpose of the no-scent shower, may as well spray on some Chanel No. 5 too.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Drying towels with a fabric softener ruins their ability to soak up water! According to the women in my family, the softener acts like a water repellant.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:10 AM
Spike

for me - i have some 'old' towels that are fun hunting showers only and i do wash the towels in no scent soap
Old 10-21-2009, 09:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mine reeks of wood smoke from leaving it hang to dry around the wood fired boiler. Door knobs reek too.

All kinds of stuff between shower and field stink.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:27 AM
Fork Horn

I just go roll around in the grass till i'm dry...seems to work for the dog after his bath..i'm sure the neighbors don't appreciate the sight but hey that's what blinds are for!
Old 10-21-2009, 10:38 AM
Spike

ha yea...i guess im thinkin too much when all you really have to do is play the wind...i jus wondered if any of you guys ever thought of that also?
Old 10-21-2009, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think you are thinking too much at all, in fact I believe you are just thinking. I can be found in my basement the night before I leave for a hunting trip doing wash. I not only wash all my outter gear I am planning on wearing for that hunt in scent free detergent, but also all of my layered clothes as well as towels to use after my showers in the morning. All are kept in a scent free tote.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:29 PM
Typical Buck

my brother swears that brushing his teeth doesn't spook deer, but i beg to defer, same goes for towels, you could always roll in hemlock and leaves before heading out HAHAHA lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.