HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   loaning out your bow or gun. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/307366-loaning-out-your-bow-gun.html)

bigtim6656 10-20-2009 04:31 AM

loaning out your bow or gun.

A good friend of my familys married my cousin. They live down the street now so we around each other on a daily bases now. Which is nice most of the time. Some one to play xbox and card with and do some drinken with. :lmao:

I trust the guy but i think my bow is my little baby boy thats need care and i do not trust anyone with it. He has asked or hinted he would like to borrow my bow to go hunting. I am not sure he can as my sights are off most people because i am left eye dom and i have a sight issue from nerve damage anyway.
Would you loan you bow to a friend or family member to go hunting with. I am sure if he broke it he would pay for it. But who wants that head ace during bow season. He is a vet and currently in the gaurd perparing for a afghan trip so i kind of have some feeling of a duty to help him out just not sure if it is enough to let go of my bow. What would you do.

hatchet jack 10-20-2009 04:38 AM

I would have no problem with the gun, but NEVER LOAN OUT YOUR BOW!!!NEVER!!!!!!

Hatchet Jack

LittleChief 10-20-2009 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by hatchet jack (Post 3478418)
I would have no problem with the gun, but NEVER LOAN OUT YOUR BOW!!!NEVER!!!!!!

Hatchet Jack

Absolutely! No one will ever use my bow but me. NEVER.

YooperMike 10-20-2009 05:02 AM

NEVER! Not that I have to worry about it, with a 32" draw. Even my guns are pretty much off limits.

jnrbronc 10-20-2009 05:06 AM

I'd dust off my ole 1983 PSE Vulcan and loan it to him while I continued to hunt with my current bow.:s4:

mgreen81 10-20-2009 05:15 AM

I wouldn't do it and if he has enough money to buy you a new one if he brakes yours he should just go buy one.

krabbiepatty 10-20-2009 05:17 AM

i would be more inclined to loan out a gun than a bow...like you said, the bow setup will probably not work for him anyway.

buttonbuckmaster 10-20-2009 05:23 AM

I'd never loan anyone my bow. Around here you can pick up an old used bow for $100 all the time, have him look into something like that.

WhitBri 10-20-2009 05:35 AM

I would never loan out a bow or a gun I was planning on using that season. Even if he has the money to replace you would still lose a lot of hunting time and who wants to deal with replacing gear during season. Like was said my old back up bow I would consider loaning out or my old 870 that never leaves the safe might get loaned out to someone I really trust. But as with anything of mine you can borrow it once, if you need it twice you should go buy it.

zmax hunter 10-20-2009 06:12 AM

In 05, late Oct. I killed my buck for the year, I was talking to a friend, showing him my buck, we both have two kids that are in the same grades. He moved here from OK a couple years prior. anyway, we had never really talked hunting alot before, guees he was more of an aquaintance at the time. I asked him if he hunted, he said, No, but he would like to, just didnt know anywhere to go. He is my height, it was funny, i had him stretch his hands and fingers, i did too. almost a perfect match, i told him to come back on the weekend and we started shooting lessons with my bow. (he had shot one before) I showed him a place to hunt, showed him how i was doing things, 2 weeks later he was using my "can" and called in a dandy 10 pointer, double lunged him with a short 25- 30 yard recovery. He's hooked, now has his own bow and shoots better than me, of course i have old age for a crutch. lol We hunt some together and help each other. To me, if the bow fits, and you arent using it, and you have some trust in the guy, then sure, let him,