Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
loaning out your bow or gun. >

loaning out your bow or gun.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

loaning out your bow or gun.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Fork Horn

I've loaned out a shotgun before, but it was to someone I'd known since High School, and worked with for years. I probably not loan my Bow because I'm using it. I do have a pretty old one I'd let someone use, but I'm not sure they'd want to.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

have to agree with some of the others here, my bow, probably not as I need it and it's my only one, also with different draw lengths etc...

a gun, even this is an iffy option, it would have to be a special friend/relative in a pinch who need to borrow one.

I remember years ago my dad borrowed our cousins rifle for a hunt all 3 of us were going on, at the time, he only owned 1 western rifle, which he bought for this trip, a .270, he borrowed a 30-06. Simply couldn't afford to buy 2 brand new rifles/scopes etc...for this trip.

For the most part I think there would be little reason to loan out a gun.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Kind of my thoughts he has not asked again. I told my young cousin who wants to hunt who also the guys step son to go ask if he could go with me to the local pro shop. I told him i would try to get him something for xmas so he can hunt. The guy who wanted to borrow my bow asked his wife ( my cousin) if he could go. he told her he would not spend any money. SO I think he is wanting to buy one now.
We will see hopefully i will have two more hunting buddys next season.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've loaned out a spare bow/equipment, but would never consider letting someone take my primary bow.......
Old 10-20-2009, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bow... absolutely not.. besdies what are the chances it actually fits the person anyways..

Gun.. most likely not.. These arent toys, and in my opinion they have too much money wrapped up in them to loan out for people to use..
Old 10-21-2009, 02:57 PM
Fork Horn

ummm no .... ya wouldnt loan out your wife .... in my opinion a bow is just that personal.. same with guns ..... i dont even loan them to my sons they can have um when im dead. The guns and bows that is ....I have to share their mother ...
Old 10-22-2009, 12:10 AM
Spike

Gun: Yes
Bow: NEVER
Old 10-22-2009, 02:35 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by hatchet jack
I would have no problem with the gun, but NEVER LOAN OUT YOUR BOW!!!NEVER!!!!!!

Hatchet Jack
Same here! Just too many things to mess up on a bow. If something were to happen it would be a bad situation for both involved. Better to caution on the safe side.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:53 AM
Spike

Loaned a gun to my neighbor once so him and his son didn't have to share 1 gun. After the hunt was over he took it to a pawn shop and told me he wouold bring it back as soon as he cleaned it. When I found out about that I told hiom I want it back NOW.He had to go to other friends to borrow money to get it out of hock. I will never loan anything to him again