Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bucks should be chasing soon >

Bucks should be chasing soon

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bucks should be chasing soon

Old 10-19-2009, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking Bucks should be chasing soon

Well a friend of mine that has deer pens said that his bucks food intake decreased sharply late last week and that the bucks should be chasing soon. The last two nights I have been out in the woods at night watching a field and have seen 49 deer out eating before dark. 44 of these deer have been does and one was a small buck just following the does around even though he wasnt actually chasing them. Tonight two of the bucks were fighting in the field at last light and had another spike just make his way across the field so the bucks definitely arent eating as much. Im getting excited!! The next few weeks should be a blast. Good luck everyone
Old 10-20-2009, 03:12 AM
Fork Horn

This past week I saw three different bucks chasing does. Mostly randy 1 1/2 old bucks.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Your pen raised deer I beleive will go into rut a little earlier from what I was told by a taxidemist that raises and buys trophy deer. Not sure why it is but ive noticed that they are chasing in the pens about 1-2 weeks earlier than wild deer...