Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
rage broadhead experieces? >

rage broadhead experieces?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

rage broadhead experieces?

Old 10-19-2009, 03:15 PM
Spike

Default rage broadhead experieces?

lets hear your experiences with rage broadheads..or pictures
Old 10-19-2009, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

i've shot 3 deer w/ them. twice the blades FELL OFF! i recovered all 3 deer. it made incredible entrance wounds. but, i suspect i'm not the only person that has had the blades fall off since i've had it happen twice.

one was a real challenge to find though. i actually had given up and found it on my way to my truck. i'm back to my muzzys this year.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:37 PM
Spike

i shot one a couple nights ago in the lower shoulder, arrow went in maybe 2 inches. found like 2 drops of blood and no deer. im back to my thunderheads
Old 10-19-2009, 03:44 PM
Fork Horn

well if you shoot it where your suppose to w/ any broadhead it doesnt really matter.....
Old 10-19-2009, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

5 for 5 with them in 2 years. Got one buddy thats shot 8 with them in the last 3 and has only not recovered one due to a high high hit with no blood. Another who has killed 6 with them and only lost one.

They work if you can make the shot Alot of peoples bad experiences imo are bad shots. They make a crap shot, and then decide to blame the equipment... not saying all of them do at all b/c there are always people like RackLuster who actually have and know the legitimate failure of the head...

Poor penetration cannot be blamed on the head it self imo, it is the persons fault. You seriously cant expect a big ol head like the rage to penetrate when you are shooting with 50#'s of ke lol... Know your setups capabilities, and dont shoot em in the shoulder... Its a big mechanical head. Its going to be prone to poor penetration and bent blades... JMO...

RackLuster, your case is definately different and there is absolutely no excuse for the head just breaking and falling apart. Unless of course you took the pin out and it wasnt right going back together, but either way, that first pin design was shady to say the least.

Derek
Old 10-19-2009, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

i never took the pin out. i never dorked w/ them in anyway.

i'm not completely down on rage heads. i did recover all 3 deer. i just choose not to shoot them anymore.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:48 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by drockw
5 for 5 with them in 2 years. Got one buddy thats shot 8 with them in the last 3 and has only not recovered one due to a high high hit with no blood. Another who has killed 6 with them and only lost one.

They work if you can make the shot Alot of peoples bad experiences imo are bad shots. They make a crap shot, and then decide to blame the equipment... not saying all of them do at all b/c there are always people like RackLuster who actually have and know the legitimate failure of the head...

Poor penetration cannot be blamed on the head it self imo, it is the persons fault. You seriously cant expect a big ol head like the rage to penetrate when you are shooting with 50#'s of ke lol... Know your setups capabilities, and dont shoot em in the shoulder... Its a big mechanical head. Its going to be prone to poor penetration and bent blades... JMO...

RackLuster, your case is definately different and there is absolutely no excuse for the head just breaking and falling apart. Unless of course you took the pin out and it wasnt right going back together, but either way, that first pin design was shady to say the least.

Derek
i understand i made a bad shot. i take full blame but when i can get penetration with a thunderhead through the shoulder then thts what im goin with. any shot through the vitals with any head will kill a deer.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:51 PM
Spike

and i still have confidence in the rages from all the footage ive saw. i think they are unbelievable!. i will try them again eventually
Old 10-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Fork Horn

Been shooting the rage 3 blade for the last two years and have not had not one problem with them. Complete pass thrus on 5 deer.
If your not shooting enough bow for them dont shoot them and dont cuss them because they did not work for you.
Shoot what works for you and dont put down what wont.

They are all good or they would not last long in this sport.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:20 PM
Typical Buck

I just took my first doe with the Rage 2 blade. The shot was back due to the doe lunging at a button buck after I released. It entered back and exited in the left back leg. complete pass through. Found the doe within a 100 yards from my stand.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.