Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
rage broadhead experieces? >

rage broadhead experieces?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

rage broadhead experieces?

Old 10-19-2009, 04:42 PM
Spike

best ever.. 4 for 4 with them. and they are resuseble with new o rings
PUT EM DOWN
Old 10-19-2009, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

I switched to rages this year and shot a doe and a 320 pound russian boar with them and they have worked flawlessly. Complete passthrough on a double lung on the doe. Blew through two ribs on way in and two on the way out and the arrow was buried in the ground behind her. Washed the broadhead up and nothing bent or dull. The russian boar i shot the arrow buried in up to the fletchings and later fell out. In both cases excellent blood trail and two still sharp rages! My dad also took a doe with them this year and had a complete pass through shooting 55 pounds. Took her in the guts and came out two ribs up. There was a 4 inch entry hole and 2 inch exit hole.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:18 PM
Fork Horn

here is my doe and russian boar

Old 10-19-2009, 05:24 PM
Fork Horn

I'm 3 for 3 with the 3-blades. 2 pass throughs and 1 that didn't, but that deer ran the shortest distance of the 3. All were down within 100 yards. Entry and exit wounds were all excellent. So, I have no complaints thus far.

That being said, I may switch back to a fixed blade after I've finished off the remainder of the Rages. The more I think about it, there are enough variables out there without having to worry about a malfunction with a mechanical head. So, in the spirit keeping-it-simple-stupid, I may go back to a fixed.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm 3 for 3 with Rage 2 blades. First deer was a pass thru at about 15 yards, it ran about 60 yards and piled up. Second one was another 15 yard shot (I was sitting in the same tree and the deer was shot iin the same place.) I shot high and spined it. It dropped in its tracks and I put another arrow in the boiler room to make sure it expired. The 1st shot embedded in the spine. It poked thru but that was it. That deer was not going anywhere. One blade bent and the O-Ring broke. I think I can salvage the head. Third was an 8 yard shot and did not pass thru, but I double lunged her and the head hit the offside shoulder. She ran 50 yards towards my truck and dropped in sight. With the exception of the spine shot, both of the other heads were cleaned, touched up, and are back in my quiver.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:09 PM
Spike

I double lunged a doe tonight at 15 yards with the 2 blade and got a complete pass through and she dropped at about 40 yards.rage broadhead experieces?-dscf0060.jpg
Old 10-20-2009, 04:28 AM
Fork Horn

Double lunged my buck last year with the Rage 3 blade. Had blood spray 5 feet out each side of the deer on the trail he ran down. Didn't go far. Very impressed. Used Muzzys for a lot of years but I sure love the way the rage shoots like a field tip and how it leaves a great blood trail.
I did shoot a deer 5 days earlier than the one I got that I had a complete pass through and a really good blood trail for 300 yards. I know to this day that the deer died somewhere. We trailed for 2 days and never did find it. The deer went out of the creek bottom to a wheat field. The wind and light rain started and we lost the trail. I don't believe it had anything to do with the rage but the weather and the wheat field.
Love the Rages.....
Old 10-20-2009, 05:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default Love 'em!

This is my second year shooting them and I love them! They hit the same spot my field points do and leave a HUGE hole. I'm new here but I'm sure there must be a thread on kinetic energy here somewhere for those having problems not getting pass through shots. I used to have this problem and then went to a heavier arrow.

" />
Old 10-20-2009, 08:12 AM
Fork Horn

I am 7 for 7 with them, 5 last year and 2 this year. 6 were complete pass throughs, and the 7th I hit a little low on a pretty good downward angle, took out the heart, hit the sternum, which stopped the arrow dead and shattered the arrow, a Easton FMJ 340.
Attached Thumbnails rage broadhead experieces?-054.jpg   rage broadhead experieces?-2009-deer-hunting-007.jpg  
Old 10-20-2009, 08:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I went 2 for 3 with Rages. The one I lost was completely on me. I hit low in the brisket and doubt I caught vitals at all. I trailed the deer all through the woods still with decent blood and never found her. The first I recovered was not a great shot either. High and back, but passed all the way through slicing the spine, cutting the femoral artery, and slicing the liver. The deer dropped, bled out and was dead in about 8 seconds. The other deer I recovered was a hard quartering away shot. It entered around the last rib and came out in front of the far shoulder. Blood everywhere. She somehow made it 80 yards despite being down a liver and two lungs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.