Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
rage broadhead experieces? >

rage broadhead experieces?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

rage broadhead experieces?

Old 10-20-2009, 03:32 PM
Spike

i do believe rage will leave a massive entry wound but from what i've read and experienced they dont leave good blood trails and they dont penetrate as well as a fixed blade so whats the point in using them?
Old 10-20-2009, 03:39 PM
Spike

I have had nothing but success with the Rage. I have shot 3 does and one 9pt with them. All the deer I have shot with the rage broad head have died within sight of my stand, anywhere from 40 to 60 yards. However, I find that because the rage expands so far on impact that when it hits bone such as rib it catches on it and doesn't pass through like it should. I also have to constantly look at my quiver or the arrow b4 i put it on my bow due to the fact that they tend to open up a lot by themselves. Other than that I will trust them until I find proof myself that they do not do the job that i want them to.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:11 PM
Fork Horn

I have had the pin come out as well i put it back in but i dint trust it so i took it out of my quiver.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by drockw
Then he must not be hittin em in the right spot I have only had one not pass thru, and that was with my 101st with asuper light arrow combo and the shot was directly in the shoulder, and it stuck in the opposite shoulder almost poking out the skin.

Your friend must have bad luck... Ive shot as many deer with rages as I have muzzy's. They are both great, but polar opposites...
Were they dead center perfect to where he hit just behind one shoulder and it came out the opposite shoulder..no, they were quartering away shots, hit back by the liver and came out by the off shoulder....my muzzy will pass thru that angle and stick in the ground 99 out of 100 times. As far as his set up...Mathews Drenlin #70 29 inch draw and shooting gold tip 5575 and a 100gr rage.

Im not telling you or anyone they suck, don't buy them. For me, I helped him track and recover all 3 of those deer, and wasnt impressed. All Im saying, is the rage doesnt put more blood on the ground then ANY other broadhead placed in the correct spot. So I cant justify spending the extra 22.00, plus they have moving parts, and that always creates doubt in my mind, thats the last thing I want entering my head when a giant steps out....doubt.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:53 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by solocamcan
Were they dead center perfect to where he hit just behind one shoulder and it came out the opposite shoulder..no, they were quartering away shots, hit back by the liver and came out by the off shoulder....my muzzy will pass thru that angle and stick in the ground 99 out of 100 times. As far as his set up...Mathews Drenlin #70 29 inch draw and shooting gold tip 5575 and a 100gr rage.

Im not telling you or anyone they suck, don't buy them. For me, I helped him track and recover all 3 of those deer, and wasnt impressed. All Im saying, is the rage doesnt put more blood on the ground then ANY other broadhead placed in the correct spot. So I cant justify spending the extra 22.00, plus they have moving parts, and that always creates doubt in my mind, thats the last thing I want entering my head when a giant steps out....doubt.
thank you solocamcan, i totally agree with you
Old 10-20-2009, 06:01 PM
Spike

i just shot a doe last saturday with the rage 2 blades. 16 yards, complete pass threw, took out both lungs and left a good blood trail i was impressed! didnt go 40 yards and dropped dead!