Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Just saw something very disturbing!! >

Just saw something very disturbing!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just saw something very disturbing!!

Old 10-20-2009, 10:11 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bigtim6656
It could have been a missed shot. Heck my first day out i shot a doe in the rear leg and i was holding on herheart. Just a mix of shakeing and a little limb. I could see a head shot with a rifle or muzzleloader. But not a bow. When i shot the doe in the leg i moved in to take her out but it was a head shot only.Even on a wounded deer laying down i would not take that shot
I too shot a deer in the back leg once. Hit a piece of fence wire that I couldn't see that was right in front of the deer. The wire made one heck of a noise, like a twang. Weird things do happen.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Experience

Have you never seen a deer duck an arrow ,turn from the string snap?? You dont seem to have to much experience. In my experience anything can happen. Hitting bow on your stand. Not seeing a limb and having the arrow deflect. The original poster didn't say if the arrow was across the face, straight on. just said it had an arrow in its face.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

A buddy shot this buck at our place and he had been shot in the face, it was an obvious triangle wound from a three blade broadhead. I don't know what happened, but that deer said he hated xbowers!!!
Attached Thumbnails Just saw something very disturbing!!-billy.jpg  
Old 10-20-2009, 03:45 PM
Typical Buck

I disagree. Future of hunting is probably shakey due to lack of habitat in most parts of the US. This has to due with urban sprawn and the explosion of development in the past 10 years.
says the guy from Maryland Isn't that state basically the city of Baltimore and it's urban sprawl? lol I guess I have more "experience" than you hunting some beautiful, vast rural parts of the US. Outside of the big bush of northern Ontario my favorite place in the world to hunt is SE Ohio. Mostly because there is no urban sprawl to be found. Just another ridge and holler with another gobbler or big buck running around.

It's the yahoo anti-hunters influencing politicians in those urban centres that is the problem. They love how guys like you divide the hunting community.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:20 AM
Spike

i shot one in the back of the head by accident last year...she was broadside at 55 yards...when i shot she turned straight away from me and bolted...when she came backup it stuck her right in the back of the skull and the broadhead was in her mouth...purely by accident but was pretty cool...im not demoralizing the deer but what are the odds of that happening
Old 10-22-2009, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by OntElk
lol. I do it all my friend. Bang, Thwack, thunk, patow! I however prefer to make love to my wife and not my traditional archery equipment like you. lol

The future of hunting is shaky at best thanks to anti-hunters like bigcountry and fingerzd. Yes, that's right. Anti-hunters! Just because you accept one form of hunting doesn't mean you can't be an anti hunter.

Well done boys!
LMAO!!!!!!

But seriously we are hurting ourselves when we criticize other hunters methods. (I don't like head shots or high fence hunting). But when we get all hot and bothered with the things other hunters do we are digging ourselves in a hole that the (PETA, SPCA, ANTI hunter extremists) will bury us in. So what I'm trying to say is don't look at your fellow hunter and go nuts on him for his way of doing things, maybe show him your way and see what he thinks and band together, we cant outlast the anti hunter storm if we dont. But that's just a 16yr old hunters opinion.

Last edited by mossberghunter93; 10-22-2009 at 08:49 AM.