HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Bad day in the woods.... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/307243-bad-day-woods.html)

muzzyman88 10-19-2009 05:52 AM

Bad day in the woods....

Well guys, finally after all these years, I had an equipment failure in the woods.

This year, on my Allegiance I decided to shoot a Limb Driver rest. I love the rest, simple, easy to tune and accurate as anything I've shot.

So....I moved to a new set for the afternoon hunt. I laid the bow on the ground, hooked up my climber, hooked the bow to my pull rope and up I went. About 3/4 of the way up the tree, there was a decent sized limb that I had to saw off. Well, I sawed it off alright. It fell right on the bow. :s6: I didn't think a whole lot of it until I started to bring the bow up the tree. The limb fell, and landed between the riser and the string, knocking my quiver off the bow. Oh well I thought, I can fish it off the ground. Then, I noticed the cord for the LD hanging. That stinkin' limb hit that cord and pulled it out of the limb housing.

Ruined that days hunt.

So now, just to be safe, I carry spare cord, a lighter and a couple of allen wrenches with me to fix it if it ever happens again. In no way is it the fault of the rest. It was just a stupid thing that happened on my part.

Just thought I'd rant.

HuntingBry 10-19-2009 05:57 AM

Muzzy that sucks. At least there was no major damage done.

On a side note, that is the main reason I've never tried the Limb Driver. That long cord just leaves to much out there to chance for me. You've got a good idea bringins some items for repair.

muzzyman88 10-19-2009 06:15 AM

HuntingBry,

I don't think there would ever be an issue with that cord unless you do something really dumb as I did. I wouldn't hesitate to tell anyone to use this rest. I love the thing.

Just don't drop big limbs out of a tree on it. :)

WV Hunter 10-19-2009 07:01 AM

LOL, MM!

(I'm laughing with you, not at you - ok, maybe at you a little :biggrin:...sounds like something I would do)

At least you have a good story to tell! And hey, self inflicted equipment failures don't count as true failures!

Good luck this season.... :guiness:

Mike

grahambow 10-19-2009 08:47 AM

MM - sorry to hear about your 'ordeal'......sucks big time .... but, it's a great reminder to those of us who need to trim some limbs on the way up da tree - am reminding myself right now again - to be careful cause that wouldn't be hard to do!!
ps - mm / thanx for the heads-up on switching the bolts around in my LW S&C so i could get the longer straps tucked........done deal & working like a charm!!!

BowHunter28 10-19-2009 10:35 AM

maybe you shouldnt cut limbs out of a tree and let them fall to the ground when your bow is laying down there?

muzzyman88 10-19-2009 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by BowHunter28 (Post 3477591)
maybe you shouldnt cut limbs out of a tree and let them fall to the ground when your bow is laying down there?

Uh....yeah, thats why it was a mistake and why I can't believe I did that. :s4:

rybohunter 10-19-2009 02:01 PM

Bummer, but at least it was fixable without shelling out more dough for a new one.

fatsbucknut 10-19-2009 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by BowHunter28 (Post 3477591)

Nice captain obvious

bigbucks98 10-19-2009 05:08 PM

Bowhunter28- lol i cant even describe how that sounds lol i sure hope you were bein sarcastic lol neway

MM- sucks to hear it a ruined day in the woods is just a bummer:/ but atleast it wasnt nething major. good luck man