Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
guy baiting on my land!! >

guy baiting on my land!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

guy baiting on my land!!

Old 10-17-2009, 08:47 AM
Spike

Default guy baiting on my land!!

i live in NY where it is illegal to bait. today was opening day and i saw ALOT of does but no bucks yet. when i got down from my stand..i saw something that caught my eye. about 40 yards from my stand..i saw a mineral block strapped to a tree and a hang on stand in the tree next to it. how do i get this guy off my land WITHOUT ruining a hunt or trecking unneccesary scent all over my spot? i was thinking of just leaving a note that says "this is private land..take your stand OUT" anybody have any other ideas????? thanks!
Old 10-17-2009, 08:51 AM
Spike

Thats a good idea but I would maybe scout the area around your land and see if anyone is walking in. See if you can find his trail or something so you dont contaminate the area. Good luck hope it all goes well.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would certainly start by removing BOTH the stand and the mineral block, without a doubt!
Old 10-17-2009, 08:59 AM
Fork Horn

Call an ECO.....
Old 10-17-2009, 09:02 AM
Spike

Notify the authorities!!! Get advise from them. Also, consider using a trail camera to get a photo of the jerk!!!
Old 10-17-2009, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

sounds like you got a new hanger stand and a mineral lik...leave a note too!!!!!print it off at home and put your state seal and make it look like a letter from the game warden!!!
Old 10-17-2009, 11:38 AM
Fork Horn

Maybe I'm completely offbase but this sounds like an easy buts for a CO, who would probably welcome the chance. And the only reluctance I'd have in going this route is that maybe where you are, the CO's are so busy they wouldn't make it a priority. Around here, though, they'd be chomping at the bit to catch the guy in the act. Minnesota is home to rampant baiting even though its illegal.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:25 PM
Spike

Since it is illegal to bait i would first remove the lick to get rid of any chance of yourself getting in any type of trouble. Even tho you are not the one hunting illegally. Take the stand too, since it is private land. Leave a note for the other hunter, possibly he just doesn't know the laws or he does and just doesn't care. But if it is your land or you have sole permission to be there i would remove both!
Old 10-17-2009, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

Just an FYI, You cant take his stand down, and take it home with you. Then you are stealing. You just need to either put a note on his stand or catch him there and tell him to pack it up and don't come back. He may think he is hunting on the land next to yours that he does have permission to be on. You would be surprised how many people out there hunting Friends, ect... land that don't know where the property lines are.
A few years ago I found someone in a climbing stand 300 yards into this property, I walked over and asked him, what are you doing over here? He thought he was still on the property he did have permission to hunt on. He was very nice about it, told me sorry, he thought he was on the right property, he left with out a problem.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:51 PM
Typical Buck

Whether it's an honest mistake or not becomes a moot point once he puts out the mineral block and baits ILLEGALLY. It's a CO issue now, get a hold of them and get that poacher off your land before he can impact your hunting area any more than he already has.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.