Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
guy baiting on my land!! >

guy baiting on my land!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

guy baiting on my land!!

Old 10-17-2009, 04:59 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Schobs
Whether it's an honest mistake or not becomes a moot point once he puts out the mineral block and baits ILLEGALLY. It's a CO issue now, get a hold of them and get that poacher off your land before he can impact your hunting area any more than he already has.
Agreed one hundred percent. If some a-hole walks on your land and thinks it you and gets you in trouble you are really going to be pissed off. I would call the eco's tomorrow and get him and his mineral block out.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would take his stand, and leave a large sign....
Attached Thumbnails guy baiting on my land!!-sm135.jpg  
Old 10-17-2009, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

I wasn't condoning the baiting, just that its possible they don't know they crossed a property line.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dyb3and88
Just an FYI, You cant take his stand down, and take it home with you. Then you are stealing. You just need to either put a note on his stand or catch him there and tell him to pack it up and don't come back. He may think he is hunting on the land next to yours that he does have permission to be on. You would be surprised how many people out there hunting Friends, ect... land that don't know where the property lines are.
A few years ago I found someone in a climbing stand 300 yards into this property, I walked over and asked him, what are you doing over here? He thought he was still on the property he did have permission to hunt on. He was very nice about it, told me sorry, he thought he was on the right property, he left with out a problem.

where i live if you bring a suitcase with a million bux in it and leave it on my land, and i find it...wooohooo im a millionaire
Old 10-17-2009, 05:19 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 1shotkill1993
I would take his stand, and leave a large sign....
As I wrote earlier, you cant take his stand, even though he is tress passing, you cant take his stand. You can take it down and leave it at the base of the tree, but DON'T take it home, then you are stealing....
Old 10-18-2009, 12:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by dyb3and88
As I wrote earlier, you cant take his stand, even though he is tress passing, you cant take his stand. You can take it down and leave it at the base of the tree, but DON'T take it home, then you are stealing....
And where do you get that logic, you a lawyer or what? Just asking, that's all.
Take the stand and block and leave a note where he can come and retrieve it. Leave a phone # with the note so he can contact you. If he doesn't then it's your stuff.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:10 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Rickmur
And where do you get that logic, you a lawyer or what? Just asking, that's all.
Take the stand and block and leave a note where he can come and retrieve it. Leave a phone # with the note so he can contact you. If he doesn't then it's your stuff.

I had a friend that found a stand on his property and he took it down and he took it home with him. A few days later the state police show up at his door and they where going to arrest him for stealing the stand. He told them the guy was trespassing and thats why he took the stand. Police told him he cant take the stand like that even though the guy was trespassing. Now this was a few years ago, unless laws have changed, IMO, don't take it home. Just take it down and the salt lick, and put a note on it telling him he is going to get arrested if he finds him on there again. I'm just putting out some friendly advice because I had a friend that had the same problem. By leaving the stand torn down and left at the tree, you avoid any potential altercations.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:36 AM
Spike

You should absolutely call an ECO. Keep us updated.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:43 AM
Fork Horn

I would definately remove the lick. It'd be a bummer to get into a hassle for baiting when it's not even yours. I'd leave a note on the tree first, then if it did not vanish, I'd call the Game Warden.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks for clairifing dyb3and88

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.