Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Damn this nor'easter!! >

Damn this nor'easter!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Damn this nor'easter!!

Old 10-17-2009, 06:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Damn this nor'easter!!

Well, today makes the THIRD day of this fricken nor'easter that's kept me from hunting! Tons of cold rain and wind. It figures, I get three days off and it has to rain. Had to vent! Anyone else?
Old 10-17-2009, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with you, I can only hunt on Saturdays, this is the 3rd saturday since opening day in my area of NJ, and it has rained every Saturday....Oh well off to Illinois in 2.5 weeks, for 3 weeks
Old 10-17-2009, 06:19 AM
Fork Horn

There's been a North wind for several days which prevents me from hunting a particular buck. Monday morning is supposed to dawn with a nice South wind, though. I hate a North wind.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:22 AM
Fork Horn

Same here, maybe we will get lucky and this front will push through a little early. Maybe Sunday evenings weather will be good.

Dave
Old 10-17-2009, 06:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by wvOHIOfan
There's been a North wind for several days which prevents me from hunting a particular buck. Monday morning is supposed to dawn with a nice South wind, though. I hate a North wind.
Of course it's going to clear Monday with a nice south wind. I've got to work!
Old 10-17-2009, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

^%#& wind and rain has been a killer. I could have hunted yesterday and today but it was not to be.
Right now were between a couple of fronts carrying alot of rain. I knew it would have been a good morning to be in the woods but at 4AM there was no rain but NO break in the wind at all.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm sitting here thinking how I only get X amount of days to hunt, so I'm thinking about toughing it out, rain/wind or not, this evening. These are probably the very worst hunting conditions that you can get, but I did kill a doe on Oct 7th while hunting with VERY windy conditions. Most likely the windiest day I've ever hunted. If it's pouring I'll stay home, but if it's just basic light rain I'm in the game. We'll see. You've gotta play to win!! I'll let ya'll know what happens tonight.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:12 AM
Fork Horn

Goodluck Early in. I decided to hang at home and take the oppurtunity to do some fletching with my two youngest boys. It is getting real old doing all this fletching by myself, time to train them. Be safe out there.

Dave
Old 10-17-2009, 09:15 AM
Spike

The rain held off for me yesterday,had the wind in my face and deer walking towards me.Set up a ground attack off to the side and in between pin oaks and crap apples.Passed 5 deer in hopes of my buck comeing out.He ended up staying in deep and never comeing out.I could hear him going ape shi makeing rubs.....
Old 10-17-2009, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by early in
Well, today makes the THIRD day of this fricken nor'easter that's kept me from hunting! Tons of cold rain and wind. It figures, I get three days off and it has to rain. Had to vent! Anyone else?
I hear you!! I'm in the same neck of PA you are. It's Saturday night and its STILL RAINING!!!! Thank God I'm heading to Illinois next Friday!!

Hatchet Jack

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.