Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Face Paint and Allergies >

Face Paint and Allergies

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Face Paint and Allergies

Old 10-17-2009, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Face Paint and Allergies

Hey guys,

I know we've got some facepainters among us, and I'm contemplating becoming one. I wear a full beard, so the facemask irritates me after a while just rubbing the hairs the wrong direction for extended periods of time. My concern with the face paint is that my face won't tolerate it. I'm somewhat allergic to alot of stuff, just kind break out, hive type stuff. Any idea on whether or not the camo facepaint will cause me to leave the woods all rashed up? Also, any one brand versus another?
Old 10-17-2009, 06:06 AM
bigcountry

halloween face paint. Stuff has no smell, won't clog pours and easy to wipe off. Made for even children. Stuff they sell hunters seem to have a glare, and some I heard have trouble with face breaking out. Hard to wipe off.

Old 10-17-2009, 06:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use the Hunter Specialties Cream make up in the tubes, it has aloe in it. I have no issues at all. I have allergies to somethings as well. Try the Hunters Specialties tubed makeup. It will last a long time and its easy to wash off with just warm soapy water. Ive had the same 3 tubes for almost 5 years.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't like the grease paint as it's a pain to get off but they USED to make a camo powder that covered well and came off easily.
I don't have a beard but wearing glasses and a mask can be a drag as well.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I started bowhunting, I would char the end of a cork with a match or lighter and apply it to my face in a camo pattern. It worked quite well and washed off easily. I got a face mask after that and got away from it. It still is an alternative to face paint.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have an awesome mask, and I don't remember where I bought it and haven't found one like it since. I've used it for five years, I take real good care of it.

I don't like face paints at all, maybe it reminds me of being in the jungles of Viet Nam.