Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Sore After Stand Sitting >

Sore After Stand Sitting

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sore After Stand Sitting

Old 10-16-2009, 09:44 AM
Fork Horn

Default Sore After Stand Sitting

How many of you are sore and stiff the day after sitting in your stand? I only spent about 3 hours in my climber yesterday and boy am I feeling it today. Is it just me?

I'm too young to be feelin' old!
Old 10-16-2009, 09:46 AM
Typical Buck

"Exercise"
Old 10-16-2009, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

What kind of climber are you using? Must be either heavy or uncomfortable if you're sore after three hours.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:51 AM
Typical Buck

sportsman is correct, exercise, move around a bit afterwards, go for a run on the treadmill, it is the only way to beat the "ache"
Old 10-16-2009, 10:09 AM
Fork Horn

It's a Gorilla Climber and I think it's probably pretty much entry-level.

I'll have to try more exercise afterward.

Thanks.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:06 AM
Typical Buck

What I like to do after a long sit on the stand is climb down and drag a 250 lb weight through the woods a couple hundred yards, that usually gets the "ache" out. Seriously though, try standing up every now and then, it might help with sore legs and it sure relieves the pressure on the bum.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

For clarity: I feel fine after I'm done hunting. The next day my shoulders/arms (and sometimes back/neck) are incredibly sore and stiff. I don't know if because I sat still so long, or a lack of good seating support or the cold, or what. It's not a matter of being sore/stiff during the hunt.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:27 AM
Spike

sounds like your muscles aren't used to setting up your stand or sitting in it. This happens to me the first 2-3 times i go hunting each year until I get used to it again. The shoulders/arms is from climbing the tree, and back/neck is from sitting in the stand. At least this is what i have personally noticed from my experience.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:44 AM
Fork Horn

Once in awhile I'll feel it after sitting against a hard tree for a fewh ours but it helps...afetr I make sure there isn't a pair of eyes watching, to stand up and stretch a little....keeps the feeling in my body,lol.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

I never sit but I can say those first steps down kill this old carpenters knees. I need to figure out a way to warm them up before the decent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.